How Much Have You Saved?

I will be happy with anything. Until my parents last cruise we did not know to look for price drops. They saved a little over $600. This would be my first. We are booked on the Jewel and I am hoping that since a lot of people are going towards the bigger ships that maybe they will have to drop the price a little for Jewel. So far no such luck (Then again, I still have 8 months!) lol

We saved $1200 off our recent cruise on Empress in May. The first drop was $400 then another $480 which included a VA resident rate. The last was a week before sailing we got another $320 for a military rate. This was a nice savings off the original $3,000 we paid for an OV room. Keep checking those prices.

We saved $1200 off our recent cruise on Empress in May. The first drop was $400 then another $480 which included a VA resident rate. The last was a week before sailing we got another $320 for a military rate. This was a nice savings off the original $3,000 we paid for an OV room. Keep checking those prices.

I was just wondering...between price drops, and residency rate specials, how much have you saved on one room, double occ. for one cruise sailing? I have a cruised booked, and I know not to expect the price to drop, but it would be nice. So, I was just curious to see how much the most saved was. There is always wishful thinking.:D

We just got a credit back of $640 for Rhapsody of the Seas out of Galveston sailing 7/29/07. We booked onboard last August. We are thrilled! icon10.gif

We have never received a price drop. However, we have saved a lot on our upcoming Explorer cruise on 8/3 in comparison to the prices now. The prices when we booked 15 months in advance on the second day of bookings are much lower. I have learned it pays to book very early if you need summer sailings. We have saved $4500 for 2 balcony cabins for the 5 of us. On top of that, we are getting the $200 onboard credit for our stateroom because of owning 100 shares of RCCL stock. Finally, I was able to use my American Express Membership Rewards points to save an additional $3000 off the cruise - basically only having to pay for our sons balcony cabin. I wish I could get savings like this again, but will have to save my rewards points for a long time. I can;t wait to be able to take advantage of the promowaves, the last minute sales, and the less expensive Fall sailings once our youngest is in college in a few more years.

Archived