parasail in aruba

summer cruz

• 2 weeks later...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=441242 Parasailing and Jet ski pricing

As far as weight restrictions, I have researched some on the internet and seen many operators all around the world who have limits anywhere between 250 - 375 pounds for a single parasailor.

In the 12 years that we have been traveling to Aruba, and I have been following Aruba news, I have never ever <<knock on wood>> heard of any problems with safety, injuries or death in relation to parasailing.

Wish I could same for the young man who perished on a jet ski a year or two ago, the huband and wife who drowned snorkeling at Baby Beach or the occassional scuba diver who has a heart attack. Just remember, stuff like this can happen anywhere (and Aruba has excellent emergency medical care). Use your judgement, you will be able to tell whether or not the equipment looked scruffy and unsafe.

• 1 month later...

My husband & I parasailed on Palm Beach in Aruba a couple years ago. We had a blast and no safety concerns whatsoever. We used Pelican water sports but I think they have been bought out by DePalm. There are tons of stands all over Palm Beach that offer it. As far as the weight limit--I want to say it was under 275 lbs. I want to say we paid $75 for both of us but I think there was a discount for 2 people. I am not sure if there is an age requirement--I am sure if you sign your name on the dotted line there will be no problem at all!! ;)

We used Pelican water sports but I think they have been bought out by DePalm.
Pelican has been bought our by Unique Watersports. De Palm it seems owns just about everything else on the island. :rolleyes:

Archived