Tunisian Discoveries

I have asked several questions about Tunis on the thread and have gotten some great recommendations. Now instead of just 4 of us taking a cab from the port (which is what we were going to do), I have 12 of us that might be booking with Tunisian Discoveries for our day in Tunis. I just can't seem to find any reviews about them and I'm getting a little nervous. They have called me from Tunis several times to answer questions and e-mail frequently. They will provide a 23 person mini-bus and take us to Carthage, American Cemetary in Carthage, Bardo Museum, Sidi Bou Said, and through Tunis. We may modify our itinerary (time constraints). They want a credit card to hold the tour but know we will be paying with cash at the end of the tour. What would you recommend? How can I find out if they are a reputable company?

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy entry. By the way, their website address is www.tunisiandiscoveries.com.

We have a group of 9 (so far) in a 22 seat minibus with Atlantis Voyages. We will take three more for a max of 12 if others at our Meet and Greet are interested. We have not used them yet, found them on the web, but I have to say they have been the most organized as far as giving us a detailed itinerary. They never asked for a credit card hold, but prefer cash payment after the Bardo Museum (owner will meet us - we are being picked up by a driver and licensed guide). They gave me a long list of clients including Sports Illustrated, Harvard, and some large travel agents, etc.

"Atlantis Voyages specializes in quality custom itineraries for individuals, cultural associations, museums, and universities. In cooperation with our partners in the united States, we have had the pleasure of arranging programs for :

Alumni associations of Harvard, Yale, Princeton and Brown Universities

American Archeological Institute

American School of Rome

Archives of American Art-Smithsonian Institution

Corcoran Gallery, Washington, DC

Harvard University Museums Fellows

University of Pennsylvania Archeological Museum

Washington Art League

Wellesley College Alumni

World Affairs Council of Philadelphia

Metropolitan Art Museum

Mr Geroges SOROS and his board

Daimler Chrysler North America

Lucent technologies

Sports Illustrated swim suits issue

Abercrombie & Kent private jet world tour

Silverseas cruise operator

Travel dynamics cruise operator

Academic Arrangements Abroad

We look forward to your visit."

===

What price have you been quoted?

Here is the Info for Atlantis

ATLANTIS VOYAGES

29 Avenue Du Japon Montplaisir Tunis 1002

Immeuble Fatma 4eme étage

Phone : +216 71 784675 +216 71784555

Fax : +216 71 786361

Email : atlantis@gnet.tn

Snoussi LAGHA

http://www.atlantisvoyages.com/main.asp

Jade13 - Thanks for the info! I have sent for a quote. Tunisian Discoveries sent us a quote of $80 per person with the 15th and 20th person being complimentary. That is similar to the shore excursion prices, except much more flexibility. Thanks!

Jade13 - Thanks for the info! I have sent for a quote. Tunisian Discoveries sent us a quote of $80 per person with the 15th and 20th person being complimentary. That is similar to the shore excursion prices, except much more flexibility. Thanks!

Did that include lunch?

We are paying $350 US for a 22 seat minibus plus $25.00 per person which covers entrance fees (and filing fees) to the Bardo Museum and Carthage. We will buy our lown unch. The place they recommend looks fabulous, but at $45.00 per person both my Dh and others in our group (veggies) did not like that idea. The place has a cafe so we may ask to go there. We are a group of 9 (will take 12 max) and looking at about $60 - $64.00 per person plus lunch. This includes both a driver and licensed guide for a full day tour.

That seems like a great deal! Lunch is included but that really isn't as important to us. Can't wait to see if they are available. With a destination such as this, I really don't want anything to go wrong with logistics. Thanks!

Archived