Price drop question

Luckysll

Just found out that the price for my Alaska cruise has dropped by about $100. Then I checked on my Mexican Riviera cruise and that price has dropped by about $60. Final payment for my Alaska cruise is due next week.

I will be calling my PVP about both reductions. This may sound like a stupid question, but does Carnival always honor the lower price if I call them? What happens if the price drops again? Has this happened to anyone? Do you keep getting the lower price even after final payment is made?

To be honest, I've never really looked for lower prices once I've booked a cruise. I might have checked once or twice, but since the prices in the past have always either been the same or higher than what I paid, I just never figured it was worth checking all the time. Guess I've learned my lesson.

I actually just called a few weeks ago about a $30 price drop on my cruise. I have not made final payment yet so the PVP changed my amount due. It was immediate!! Such a great feeling. I refreshed the payment information online and my reduction was viewable right away.

Once you have made final payment, I think the standard is that they will give you on board credit to use.

The most important thing about all this - if you get one PVP that gives you a hard time about it, hang up and try again. You will get someone who will do it for you with no problem.

We actually called 3 separate times for our latest cruise and got the price lowered each time (before we made final payment). On the 2nd time they offered a cabin upgrade, but I told her that we would be spending the difference on excursions or drinks so they would be getting the money anyway and took the reduction.

I have heard that if the price drops after final payment or before you leave you can call and get on board credit but we haven't been able to try that yet.

On our upcoming Destiny cruise (7 days to wait) we had 2 price drops prior to Carnival's final payment date and received credit posted back to our credit card..no problem. And after final payment date, my friend noticed another price drop, and worked with our TA & Carnival to get us all (3 cabins) a nice OBC..saved us all in all about $300. I thank her all the time for being so persistant in checking prices!!

Archived