All Things Enchantment of the Seas

Jumping on the bandwagon here! We are leaving on the Enchantment in 29 days and we are very excited. This is our first time on a larger ship ( have only sailed the Empress) and would like to hear from past Enchantment cruisers. What's the good, the bad and the ugly? ;) What is there that is not to miss on board? :cool: Please share your experiences on the Enchantment!

Laurie,

I'm also sailing on the enchantment in July. What day are you leaving? I'm leaving from Ft. Lauderdale on July 12. I haven't been on the EOS since the refurbishment, but the last time that I was on her in 2004, my favorite part of the boat was the Solarium. It's on the back of the pool deck and it is just absolutely relaxing to me. The pizza place was also back there the last time I went on her. However, I don't know if they have moved it with the refurbishment now. The Solarium is supposed to be for adults only.

Jumping on the bandwagon here! We are leaving on the Enchantment in 29 days and we are very excited. This is our first time on a larger ship ( have only sailed the Empress) and would like to hear from past Enchantment cruisers. What's the good, the bad and the ugly? ;) What is there that is not to miss on board? :cool: Please share your experiences on the Enchantment!

We were on Enchantment, in January,'06. We had a D1 balcony in the new section. We thought the ship was beautiful, and the staff and crew very friendly. This was our first RCCL cruise, and it made us confirmed fans. Five days was not long enough. There is more to do than you can possibly fit in. We loved the Solarium, especially. I hope this thread takes off likt the Explorer one, and you will get a ton of info, and pictures as well.

Judy :)

We leave two weeks from today!!! I would love to hear what everyone has to say..we're really excited!

I'll be getting off as you line up to board! :(

It seems like you wait forever for your cruise date to arrive then quick as a blink it's over! :eek:

But, then it's time to focus on the next one! :D

We were on her for the first time a couple of months ago and had a great time. We've been on the Mariner a couple of times and the Sovereign quite a bit and while we like them both, Enchantment has risen to the top of our list. The perfect size for us as we don't need or want all of the bells and whistles of the Mariner or that size ship. I'll put on my flame proof jacket and say that Mariner reminds us of a big floating hotel. A grand hotel to be sure, but still a hotel. :D The Enchantment has been stretched by almost 90 feet so she isn't a small ship and there's plenty to see and do onboard her.

You'll have a great time. Just get out there and enjoy!!:D

Tanker 4

I've researched this a bit since booking my next cruise on Enchantment, and I haven't found anything bad yet! Have fun, I know we will! :D

Since first reading this thread I've thought back over our recent cruise on her and honestly can't think of anything bad that I can say. She's a beautiful and well maintained ship and the crew are great.

Since first reading this thread I've thought back over our recent cruise on her and honestly can't think of anything bad that I can say. She's a beautiful and well maintained ship and the crew are great.

Did think of one thing. Move her to either PC or Tampa so she would be closer to us!!

I will be cruising on the Enchantment in January so I am going to follow this thread. I have done the big ships, and the small ships and hope to find the EOS just right. It will be our first cruise for our nephew (graduation present from us) so I hope everything is perfect for him. I would love to see another family member addicted like I am.

Enchantment was our first cruise. We were pre stretch so I do not have any thoughts on that. She is kept clean, the crew is friendly and the ports of call we had were Key West and Cozumel. There is always something to do...we were never bored. We were on Deck 2 midship. It wasn't that bad..only during real busy times did we ever have to wait for an elevator. No noise, just a smooth rocking motion to put you to sleep!!

Have a great time!!!!

Edited by Help@
removed bad link

We cruised in April of this year. Nothing at all bad to say. It was one of the best cruises ever. My first with RCCL and I was very impressed. Our wait staff was great. We were treated like royalty. Chops is a must. Wonderful food and service. The pizza in the solarium is good and fast. I didn't like staying in the solarium area but that's just me. It was too steamy for my taste. I like the open deck area. Our room had plenty of storage and the bed was very comfortable. Food was good and the drinks of the day are fun and they were all quite tasty. I'm trying hard to think of something negative and really can't think of a thing. It was just a terrific cruise. You will love it.

Enchantment was our first cruise. We were pre stretch so I do not have any thoughts on that. She is kept clean, the crew is friendly and the ports of call we had were Key West and Cozumel. There is always something to do...we were never bored. We were on Deck 2 midship. It wasn't that bad..only during real busy times did we ever have to wait for an elevator. No noise, just a smooth rocking motion to put you to sleep!!

Have a great time!!!!

Great pictures!!!! I can't wait! TY! :D

Edited by Help@

We were on her in November 2005, just after the stretch. DH, DS, and I were in an Oceanview, Deck 3; DD and her best friend were in an inside across the hall from us. The inside room was slightly smaller - about 140 sq ft. - but lots of places to store things. Best thing we brought for each room was an over-the-door shoe organizer.

Lovely ship. Great staff - we had the best wait staff in the dining room! So great, it's one of the first things we mention when people ask us about cruising. I have several food allergies and I am used to handling these on my own. On the first night I asked if a particular dish had eggs and then selected something else because it did. The waiter asked if I disliked eggs and i told him I was allergic. Shortly after, the headwaiter came to the table and every night I got a sneak peak at the next night's menu, made my choices, and he made sure nothing was cross-contaminated by eggs or fish. Now THAT is great service.

The Good: Lots and lots of beautiful pieces of art throughout the ship. The new pool deck, especially at night.

The So-so: the pizza tasted fair, at best - but who cares, there are so many other dining choices! The shows in the theater were hit and miss.

The Bad: there WAS NONE! This is a wonderful ship and we just booked a cruise for November '08 with a group of 12 friends and family! This time we all have rooms in the new section!

We were on EOS in May 2006. The food was delicious, the highlight of my trip. Our waiter was excellent. If you are going to Belize, take the zip line shore excursion. If you stop in Key West, don't get on the crazy boat--my boyfriend broke his tailbone the first day on this shore excursion (spring on his seat bottomed out and he hit HARD). Our rooms were very clean and kept well stocked. I would recommend this ship to anyone sailing. We have booked Adventure of the Seas for July 15th. Can't wait!

I love the ship and the crew. You can see some of my pics from my one of my Enchantment cruises by clicking the link in my signature.

I love your pictures as well. I'd stop in to say hi to Julian for you, but he will not be on my sailing as he is leaving for vacation soon isn't he? ;)

Here is a mini-review from our cruise on June 9-14 (5 night):

Overall Ship Appearance: The ship looked real good and the staff was outstanding. The first day was a little hectic since the ship was about 2 hours late into the port and the entire staff looked rushed. Things settled after the first night.

Accommodations: We were in a JS (8126) and it was the perfect size for our family of four (2 kids - one 4 y/o and the other 9 months) when you include the crib RCCL provided. You do hear some deck chairs moving from the Solarium above but it was not too bad (never woke up from the noise). The tub is great for giving the little one a bath...

Food: Ate at the Windjammer for lunch everyday and the food was real good. Also, the Solarium cafe is great for a quick snack. Ate that the dining room all nights and it was real good. The service was outstanding as usual.

Entertainment: The CD was great and kept things lively. The pool was always buzzing with activity. I my opinion, the shows could be better as we did not really enjoy them as much as on other cruises.

Ports: It was our first time in Jamaica and Grand Cayman. We did not enjoy Jamaica as much as we expected. Maybe it was the constant harassment to sell you something or maybe the nonstop rain as we were waiting in the pier to board back the ship. Grand Cayman was completely different. No harassment and the people were real nice. We just went to the beach in Grand Cayman and had a blast even though it was a little crowded with 3 ships (2 Carnival ships and one RCCL). We may give Jamaica a second chance it we find the right itinerary in the future...

Departure: It took a little while to get the ship cleared but we were off at around 945AM (second group off the ship). It was well organized and were on the road by 1015AM.

Let me know if anyone has any questions!

I love your pictures as well. I'd stop in to say hi to Julian for you, but he will not be on my sailing as he is leaving for vacation soon isn't he? ;)

Laurie,

I think there is a good chance that Julian will be back in time for your cruise. He was to be gone the month of June, but I didn't ask when he'd be back. If you do see him, do tell him HI! for me. :)

Gina

Laurie,

I think there is a good chance that Julian will be back in time for your cruise. He was to be gone the month of June, but I didn't ask when he'd be back. If you do see him, do tell him HI! for me. :)

Gina

Will do! ;)