Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

[quote name='cruisenfever']Georgina likes change.:)[/QUOTE]

Not always...at least when it's not her choice. Her upcoming visit to RD is delayed as it always seems to be when she's visiting and not working. The US government always [COLOR="Red"]changes[/COLOR] rules so her date is being pushed back if she can make it at all.

Her visit was messed up twice when we were on board and expected to see her hop on to visit for a few days in Puerto Vallarta. Once on a MR cruise and again in April through the PC. So many people really missed seeing her each time. The passengers really love her, don't they? :)

Gina

I woke up in the middle of the night. I began to worry about the ship. It's not showing on my shipfinder app. It showed up when it pulled into dry-dock before it turned off it's signal. All 3 ships that left Victoria last night are showing their exact location. But still....no Radiance. Could they have forgotten to turn on the locator signal - whatever it's called? It's 3am there and they should be on their way to Vancouver by now. :confused:

Maybe they will leave Victoria soon and really step it up to full speed with the new azipods. :eek:

Gina

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

I found the Radiance off of Richmond going 14 knots in either the Strait of Georgia or Jaun de ? (I'm not going rely on my knowledge of the area to type that name this early!) You may have to type in Vancouver for the port area. This was about 6:20 eastern.

Juan De Fuca - although I'd think where she is now is the Strait of Georgia. She's really close. It's fun to watch.

Gina

Guess I was not the only member of the Radiance fan club up before dawn:D! I bookmarked shipfinder, thx.

And as I sit here waiting for an MRI because of an injured shoulder, I'm still watching on my iPhone app. I even went ahead and paid the $5 just this morning for the full version which gives me all the technical details. Until now I had used the free app. :)

I don't want to miss the docking! :D

Gina

Guess I was not the only member of the Radiance fan club up before dawn:D! I bookmarked shipfinder, thx.

And as I sit here waiting for an MRI because of an injured shoulder, I'm still watching on my iPhone app. I even went ahead and paid the $5 just this morning for the full version which gives me all the technical details. Until now I had used the free app. :)

I don't want to miss the docking! :D

Gina

Of course the revitalization can not be considered complete until they revise the deck plans on their website. Checked it a few minutes ago and the Breakers Dinning Room was still in place along with the CL. Guess I need to make an inspection in person.

Of course the revitalization can not be considered complete until they revise the deck plans on their website. Checked it a few minutes ago and the Breakers Dinning Room was still in place along with the CL. Guess I need to make an inspection in person.

Well....don't expect any changes at the web site very soon. I'm still waiting to see all the cabin pictures with updated beds - rather than the red white and blue bedspreads that are ancient history. :rolleyes: :)

Gina

Update - Radiance of the Seas is almost there. She suddenly appeared on my app and is just around the corner from the bridge going into Vancouver. Someone must have flipped the switch. :)

Gina

Gina, what app have you downloaded to your phone that allows you to see ships?

Sounds like as good a reason as any to book another cruise on Radiance.;)

Gina, what app have you downloaded to your phone that allows you to see ships?

ship finder free

I paid $4.99 this morning for the one with more info and no ads.

The other website has a paid one, too - marine traffic - but I don't know if they have a free try before you buy version.

Really - the free ship finder is plenty good enough and it's now live, unlike when it first came out. We were able to verify this from our balcony in Victoria. As we saw ships pass through the bay and even pull into Ogden Point, we could track them with the phone and see that the positioning was up to the minute.

We watched Radiance on the app coming through the strait into Victoria before dry dock and then we rode our bikes over to watch live. The info was all accurate. Then they turned the AIS off so we could never see RD on the app again until the early hours this morning when she was around the corner from Vancouver. I was checking for her as early as 2:30 this morning and there was no appearance until almost 4:30 - by then she was most of the way there.

The paid version allows you to look up the ships by name. Unpaid, you just need to know the area where your ship is located and search for it yourself on the map - easy enough to do.

Gina

ship finder free

I paid $4.99 this morning for the one with more info and no ads.

The other website has a paid one, too - marine traffic - but I don't know if they have a free try before you buy version.

Really - the free ship finder is plenty good enough and it's now live, unlike when it first came out. We were able to verify this from our balcony in Victoria. As we saw ships pass through the bay and even pull into Ogden Point, we could track them with the phone and see that the positioning was up to the minute.

We watched Radiance on the app coming through the strait into Victoria before dry dock and then we rode our bikes over to watch live. The info was all accurate. Then they turned the AIS off so we could never see RD on the app again until the early hours this morning when she was around the corner from Vancouver. I was checking for her as early as 2:30 this morning and there was no appearance until almost 4:30 - by then she was most of the way there.

The paid version allows you to look up the ships by name. Unpaid, you just need to know the area where your ship is located and search for it yourself on the map - easy enough to do.

Gina

Not sure if you already know that you can go to a live web cam shot from North Vancouver and it shows the Radiance docked there. It's not the greatest shot but it is the only one I know of.

Rose

Not sure if you already know that you can go to a live web cam shot from North Vancouver and it shows the Radiance docked there. It's not the greatest shot but it is the only one I know of.

Rose

Post a link. I thought of looking but was having too much fun on my phone - not to mention I was out. :)

Is this the one?

http://www.northvancouver.com/webcams/cruisecam/

Gina

We are walking over to check her out later today! See what she looks like from the dock!:D

No sun yet but they said it was coming when the clouds burn off. So we are not raining on her parade

We are walking over to check her out later today! See what she looks like from the dock!:D

No sun yet but they said it was coming when the clouds burn off. So we are not raining on her parade

Take pictures of the rear area of the ship so we can see what she looks like at the back of the windjammer - where 2 new restaurants are. I know you can walk down there and see up close. :D

Better yet, ask for a day pass to see the inside. ;)

Gina

Take pictures of the rear area of the ship so we can see what she looks like at the back of the windjammer - where 2 new restaurants are. I know you can walk down there and see up close. :D

Better yet, ask for a day pass to see the inside. ;)

Gina

How do you ask for a day pass? I didn't think you were able to go on the ships.

Archived