Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

Thanks Patti! With Izumi where there is a cover charge plus a la carte pricing, is the cover charge deducted from your total bill?

You are more than welcome.

Here's a description of each venue that has a charge, with the exception of Chef's Table which is $95pp, and how the charges are figured

Samba Grill

Rita’s Cantina

Izumi

Giovanni’s Table

:confused:

I would have thought more people would have booked Alaska after the news of the dry dock ... I know I would have jumped at the opportunity (if I wasn't already booked. :) )

Not ready for an Alaskan cruise yet.

But we canceled our cruise on the Freedom, to do the Coastal on her, after we found out.

It may have not have been post dry dock, but it was nice to cruise on her, one last time, in her original state.

I hear ya!

The cover isn't much ... but still :rolleyes: I can understand the cover on all the other places (well' date=' not Izumi where there is a cover PLUS a la carte :eek:) but I can't see the cover for this. $7 so I can satisfy my avocado obsession ... oh well.

(All I can say is they better let me order the fajitas for 2!! - I'll be by myself)[/quote']

No chance I'll be paying to eat Mexican food!! The fact that I live in the home of Tex-Mex notwithstanding, Mexican food is very inexpensive to prepare.

That should be a free venue.

No chance I'll be paying to eat Mexican food!! The fact that I live in the home of Tex-Mex notwithstanding, Mexican food is very inexpensive to prepare.

That should be a free venue.

Besides I really doubt it will be authentic. Most likely the pre-formed taco shells from a box. Anyone from Texas, California or Florida will not be paying for this place.

Besides I really doubt it will be authentic. Most likely the pre-formed taco shells from a box. Anyone from Texas, California or Florida will not be paying for this place.

Actually, the menu doesn't look half bad - seems to be a good mix between American-Mexican and something more traditional

http://beyondships.com/RCI-ALOS-Menu-2.html

I don't know, if it is $8 and keeping with the theme of having as many apps/starters as you want, it might not be so bad. :)

You are more than welcome.

Here's a description of each venue that has a charge, with the exception of Chef's Table which is $95pp, and how the charges are figured

Samba Grill

Rita’s Cantina

Izumi

Giovanni’s Table

Thanks Patti for the links, much appreciated! :)

Actually' date=' the menu doesn't look half bad - seems to be a good mix between American-Mexican and something more traditional

I don't know, if it is $8 and keeping with the theme of having as many apps/starters as you want, it might not be so bad. :)[/quote']

Thank you for the menu for Rita's, looks like a good variety. :) Just wondering if you / anyone can confirm if they will be offering the Rita's Fiesta events on Radiance?

If it is an $8 cover charge only (with no a la carte pricing), can you order as many appetisers etc as you want? Is it dine in only, or could you take it to eat by the pool or on your balcony? Thanks again! :)

Thanks Patti for the links, much appreciated! :)

Thank you for the menu for Rita's, looks like a good variety. :) Just wondering if you / anyone can confirm if they will be offering the Rita's Fiesta events on Radiance?

Yes, I am positive they will have Rita's Fiesta.

If it is an $8 cover charge only (with no a la carte pricing), can you order as many appetisers etc as you want?

We don't know yet. I asked Patti to ask her friend who is on board. We haven't heard back yet. ... My gut tells me that there is no a la carte pricing ... But this has not been confirmed. All the other "specialty venues" (obviously Izumi not included) let you order as many apps as you want, so doubt this will be different ... (especially since it is "party food"!!

Is it dine in only, or could you take it to eat by the pool or on your balcony? Thanks again! :)

This I have no idea

That was a question during our coastal cruise @ the Capt Q&A.

Capt Klaus said you will still be able to walk thru Ritas to use the tables on the aft of Windjammer.

Izumi will be blocked off.

So now that Rita's is charging a $3.00 cover charge, does that mean you have to pay a toll to use the those aft (outdoor) tables? :confused:

(Assuming that Izumi is blocked off.)

So now that Rita's is charging a $3.00 cover charge, does that mean you have to pay a toll to use the those aft (outdoor) tables? :confused:

(Assuming that Izumi is blocked off.)

You could always go up one floor....sports deck area I think, and take those aft winding stairs down to those tables......but then again the toll trolls may be lurking under the stairs...so bewares!! ;) ;)

Received an email back from my friend ChefPeg who is currently on Radiance.

My question to her was:

"Is this a misprint that appears in the Official Press release issued today about the Revitalization of Radiance where it states that there is a $3 cover charge and a la carte menu pricing for Rita’s Cantina"?

Her answer back was:

No misprint....$3.00 cover and a la carte pricing. BTW: food is just okay.

So much for the validity of what is being released on the RCI website.:eek:

Actually' date=' the menu doesn't look half bad - seems to be a good mix between American-Mexican and something more traditional

I don't know, if it is $8 and keeping with the theme of having as many apps/starters as you want, it might not be so bad. :)[/quote']

Thanks for the menu which looks really nice. But.......where are the prices? With this being a la carte.........wouldn't you think that there would be prices next to each item?

:confused:

I would have thought more people would have booked Alaska after the news of the dry dock ... I know I would have jumped at the opportunity (if I wasn't already booked. :) )

I wish we could book Alaska too, but I can't see it happening this year. :(

I hope we can for next year!!

I sent an email to Lisa Bauer who is Sr. Vice President Hotel Operations regarding Rita's and I just received a reply back.......

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]Dear Ms. LaFever:

"Thank you so much for sharing this feedback. We just changed the pricing for Rita's and clearly haven't updated the web site. I really appreciate you catching this discrepancy".[/SIZE][/FONT]

So it is official..........Rita's does have a cover charge.

[quote name='cruisenfever']I sent an email to Lisa Bauer who is Sr. Vice President Hotel Operations regarding Rita's and I just received a reply back.......

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]Dear Ms. LaFever:

"Thank you so much for sharing this feedback. We just changed the pricing for Rita's and clearly haven't updated the web site. I really appreciate you catching this discrepancy".[/SIZE][/FONT]

So it is official..........Rita's does have a cover charge.[/QUOTE]

LOL....do you think she is SURE? ;)

Did she mention that they would actually FIX the discrepancy? Maybe pricing is more important that the silly old stateroom pictures. :rolleyes:

Gina

[quote name='cruisenfever']Thanks for the menu which looks really nice. But.......where are the prices? With this being a la carte.........wouldn't you think that there would be prices next to each item?[/quote]

Well, you would think so ... but this was taken with a camera by someone who was on Allure ... [B]they didn't have a la carte pricing then.[/B]

You can't find a menu for Rita's anywhere on the RCI website :(

I really don't know how this will go over! :confused: ... I mean, I can see putting prices on a sushi roll ... but how can you price this kind of food and make the prices seem reasonable?

[QUOTE=Oscar_the_Grouch's_Sis;29452154]Actually, the menu doesn't look half bad - seems to be a good mix between American-Mexican and something more traditional

[URL]http://beyondships.com/RCI-ALOS-Menu-2.html[/URL]

I don't know, if it is $8 and keeping with the theme of having as many apps/starters as you want, it might not be so bad. :)[/QUOTE]

And the food at Rita's Cantina appears to have a nice presentation anyway (around the 20 mark)... [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCwDX9snshk[/url]

It's interesting to notice that there is no new upholstery in the staterooms.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1M9k3ronDE[/url]

It looks like the area behind the flat screen TVs have been boxed in so as to not allow stuff to be put back there. I was thinking we might have a little extra counter space back there.

Small stuff, I know. But look at those neon lights in the centrum. :eek: I won't even say what I'm thinking about that. :p

Gina

[quote name='CroozeAddict']So now that Rita's is charging a $3.00 cover charge, does that mean you have to pay a toll to use the those aft (outdoor) tables? :confused:

(Assuming that Izumi is blocked off.)[/quote]
If your paying a toll, will they have the commuter lane for groups of 4 or more?:D
How is that going to work? Are they going to have someone @ the door to watch who is walking thru? Or is it just when you sit down @ the table, the cover charge begins, like @ Johhny Rockets(Voyager class) where you are able to walk thru.

[quote name='ddean52']We are wondering, while in dry dock, if ROS is receiving an update to its WIFI capability?
Dean[B][COLOR="DarkRed"][/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

Wifi doesn't come without plenty of wires. And here they are pulling just some of those wires/cables through the halls of RD during the last 5 day cruise from San Diego to Vancouver.

[IMG]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z4/mommabeany/DSC01590.jpg[/IMG]

Gina

[quote name='mommabean']Wifi doesn't come without plenty of wires. And here they are pulling just some of those wires/cables through the halls of RD during the last 5 day cruise from San Diego to Vancouver.

[IMG]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z4/mommabeany/DSC01590.jpg[/IMG]

Gina[/QUOTE]

WOOW! Gina, thanks a million. Our cruise will be enhanced knowing WIFI has been upgraded!
Dean

Archived