Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

Bill which Cruise on Oct 2008. We are sailing our first Radiance of the Sea, Oct 11, 2008 to Hawaii. We have delt with those pesky curtains before so know how to work around them. Hearing such great reports about her, I can not wait to step aboard.

Gay So Calif

Gay, would you like to share the secret on how not taking a shower with the curtain?:D

Love the Radiance class but want to know if anyone ever stayed in the cabins on Deck 10 right underneath the pool deck and/or Windjammer. Did you hear noise coming from the top? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

I am counting the days! just wondering about those dreaded shower curtains, are they in the suites too?

In the JS cabins you have the tub with the curtain.......but they aren't a problem.

In the other suites, I'm not sure. I bet somebody else could answer that.

mytwoboys, srenter and mabers, My DH and I will be sailing with you. I see several of you are celebrating your 40th birhtday. Well, we are celebrating our 40th anniversary. We met in Montego Bay and will revisit it for the first time in 40 years. Very excited to see it again although I know it has changed. We are sailing Radiance's sister ship in Nov with my brother and his wife (Jewel). Everyone enjoy your planning. I'm pretty new with RCCL so I can't offer too much input on the ship.

Joe and Nancy, fabulous pictures, enjoyed them greatly.

Doesn't Dave take fabulous photos? I will see If I can forward any I took...of course the pool in my signature is on the Radiance...

Hands down the 15 day Panama Canal Trip in October of 2003! Day at Sea, Day in Port all the way thru. San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale. It was super! The Radiance is a PERFECT ship for the canal, you can look out from everywhere on the ship and if it rains, and it POURED when we were doing our transit, you can always go up to the disco, move the furniture and have a comfy window seat!

On our very first Radiance cruise this past January, we were lucky enough to snag #9256. Apparently someone had cancelled because we booked this cruise 6 months before the sale date. Talk about luck! When we decided to do the full transit of the Panama Canal, we were delighted to see that the Radiance fit our schedule. And, the same is true with the 2008 Alaska cruise from Vancouver to San Diego. I have a question about Vancouver. Do any of you know if the Radiance docks at Canada Place or Ballantyne? Or does RCI use both cruise terminals? We love breakfast on the balcony, the food in the Windjammer with the great salad & dessert bars, the Viking lounge, etc. The Radiance was by far the best ship we've been on.

Bill which Cruise on Oct 2008. We are sailing our first Radiance of the Sea, Oct 11, 2008 to Hawaii. We have delt with those pesky curtains before so know how to work around them. Hearing such great reports about her, I can not wait to step aboard.

Gay So Calif

Keep the ship in good shape...we will be boarding on October 26, 2008! Enjoy Hawaii!

BILL

We've always stayed in aft cabins on the Radiance class - 1100, 1602 (JS) and 1600 (GS) (yes, I am one spoiled puppy). Of the 3, 1100 gets my vote. We're staying midships on our upcoming cruise, so we'll see if we like that as well or better. I've never minded the walk to the stern and I do love a wake view!

Archived