Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

Has Royal Caribbean published the new deck plan for RADIANCE anywhere? Looking at the website it looks like the same old deck plan. Seems odd considering there are new cabins and even a few single cabins. Would be nice to see where they are along with the new venues. Maybe I'm missing it somewhere??

Ernie

I know who the DL concierge is on RD and I'm NOT going to tell. ROFL

You will just die. Some of you.

It is good news indeed. (No, Julian is NOT with the company) :D

Gina

It's really old news. I heard about it before you did by way of Skype yesterday. :p:p:p

I was asked to not say anything on CC by the person in question. I will abide by my promise until I get the OK.

OK..........Are you all ready? I just got an email from our adopted son who gave me permission to tell you all that...........

"Reyno Varkevisser" is the new Diamond Concierge on Radiance!! He will be joining the ship in Ketchikan on Sunday. We are so thrilled that he is going into that position on a ship that we first met him on way back when..........

OK..........Are you all ready? I just got an email from our adopted son who gave me permission to tell you all that...........

"Reyno Varkevisser" is the new Diamond Concierge on Radiance!! He will be joining the ship in Ketchikan on Sunday. We are so thrilled that he is going into that position on a ship that we first met him on way back when..........

OK...well I DID know before you. I was keeping it a secret. Although I was told I could tell. I wanted to watch your reaction but I took a nap instead....and you beat me to it. LOL

Gina

It's really old news. I heard about it before you did by way of Skype yesterday. :p:p:p

I was asked to not say anything on CC by the person in question. I will abide by my promise until I get the OK.

LOL...it looks like we were both doing the same thing. It was a hard secret to keep. I was waiting on the same permission and didn't check my email soon enough. :p

So anyway, who is taking his position on Enchantment?

Gina

LOL...it looks like we were both doing the same thing. It was a hard secret to keep. I was waiting on the same permission and didn't check my email soon enough. :p

So anyway, who is taking his position on Enchantment?

Gina

He has no idea, but he just emailed me and said he now needs a press secretary after all the emails he has received since I posted the news.:)

Here is the latest from RCI's YouTube offerings. It's not really too Radiance specific but they do mention it along with the revitalization of some other ships. It's really more of an infomercial starring Richard, Adam and Lisa:D!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5dIFNqLQOU&feature=feedu

Thanks Bill, what we really need is a someone that has a hidden camera that could go around the ship today and see exactly how close they are to completing all the projects.

We never had the pleasure of meeting him.

I'm confused, is the DL seperate from the CL?

Will Juan Diego still be on board?

Thanks Bill, what we really need is a someone that has a hidden camera that could go around the ship today and see exactly how close they are to completing all the projects.

Yes. Juan Diego is still in the concierge lounge with no plans to leave. :D

This was meant for the other post but I'm on my phone again and messed up.

We never had the pleasure of meeting him.

I'm confused, is the DL seperate from the CL?

Will Juan Diego still be on board?

On Freedom class and Oasis class there is a Diamond Lounge and a Concierge Lounge. Both lounges offer the same amenities to those that are eligible to use them..........and each has it's own Concierge.

Diamond Lounge on Radiance, will be located on Deck 13 and is being incorporated into part of the Viking Crown Lounge. It will be for D/D+/Pinnacle Members. Suite Guests who fall into one of those C&A levels will also be able to utilize the lounge. Reyno will be the Concierge in the Diamond Lounge

The Concierge Lounge, will be located across the hall in what used to be the Hollywood Odyssey and is for suite guests and D+/Pinnacle Members only. Juan Diego will remain in the Concierge Lounge.

Those ships with a Diamond Lounge do not offer the special breakfast for D/D+ Members because a continental breakfast will be offered in the lounge..........just like what has been offered in the CL.

So, now everybody is gonna be happy................I hope.:D

On Freedom class and Oasis class there is a Diamond Lounge and a Concierge Lounge. Both lounges offer the same amenities to those that are eligible to use them..........and each has it's own Concierge.

Diamond Lounge on Radiance, will be located on Deck 13 and is being incorporated into part of the Viking Crown Lounge. It will be for D/D+/Pinnacle Members. Suite Guests who fall into one of those C&A levels will also be able to utilize the lounge. Reyno will be the Concierge in the Diamond Lounge

The Concierge Lounge, will be located across the hall in what used to be the Hollywood Odyssey and is for suite guests and D+/Pinnacle Members only. Juan Diego will remain in the Concierge Lounge.

Those ships with a Diamond Lounge do not offer the special breakfast for D/D+ Members because a continental breakfast will be offered in the lounge..........just like what has been offered in the CL.

So, now everybody is gonna be happy................I hope.:D

Wait a minute! You mean no more Chocolate breakfast? :mad:

LOL....you think everyone will be happy? Since when? Do you really believe that? :rolleyes: ;)

Gina

[quote name='mommabean']Wait a minute! You mean no more Chocolate breakfast? :mad:

LOL....you think everyone will be happy? Since when? Do you really believe that? :rolleyes: ;)

Gina[/quote]
Ya know...........I really don't care. Everyone has their own preferences and agenda.

I know that we will be very happy and I know where we will be spending a lot of our time.:D

I just read the story about Radiance on the opening page of Cruise Critic. It looks like there is a little mistake (numbers transposed):

Radiance of the Seas Gratuity
For cruises departing before July 1, 2011, Royal Caribbean recommends $3.50 per person, per day to the dining room waiter; $3.50 per person, per day to the cabin steward (or $5.75 if you're in a suite); $0.75 per person, per day to the headwaiter; and $2 per person, per day to the assistant waiter. This totals $9.75 for those in standard cabins and $12 for those in suites. Gratuities can be pre-paid in advance (and must be if you opt for flexible dining), added to your onboard bill or paid in cash at the end of the cruise. A 15 percent gratuity is automatically added to bar tabs.

[quote name='cruisenfever']Thanks Bill, what we really need is a someone that has a hidden camera that could go around the ship today and see exactly how close they are to completing all the projects.[/QUOTE]

I would say it's safe to assume there will be a lot of griping and complaining about details being attended to on the first cruise. Anything for some OBC. :rolleyes:

There are a lot of cameras on board and some crew members have had access to ATT at the $2 a day rate even for iphone access. :)

We found Victoria to be quite interesting with cell phone networks. We were standing on our balcony one evening when I had "TELUS", my husband had "ATT" and our friend had "Rogers". It seems most of the crew can pull up a USA ATT signal on the upper, outside decks of the ship so they can call around the world, send texts and video at a reasonable $2 a day USA rate. Canadian cell phone rates are unbelievable.

Gina

[quote name='Arizona Cruz Chic']Your very welcome! I too had heard that cabin 9078 balcony was cave like. I found it to be quite nice and very private! The steel wall didn't bother me at all, I expected it to be dark and it wasn't.
I would book this cabin again!!!! Loved the location!!!!!

I was also afraid of the CL above and noise, that too was not an issue....and now that the CL has been replaced by a family suite, the most noise someone would hear would be the kids jumping off the beds!! :eek: :D

***[/QUOTE]
We will have that family suite in 2012 to Alaska, I will make sure the kids are quiet i promise!! I do dislike noisy neighbors myself.

[quote name='cruisenfever']Ya know...........I really don't care. Everyone has their own preferences and agenda.

I know that we will be very happy and I know where we will be spending a lot of our time.:D[/QUOTE]

We have been eating VERY light for breakfast ourselves. I do go to the chocolate breakfast but will gladly give it up. I'm sure Clunis will get an ear full though if they really D/C the D/D+ breakfast. It was unbelievable what he got to hear on our recent PC cruise.

Gina

[quote name='flbeachmom']We will have that family suite in 2012 to Alaska, I will make sure the kids are quiet i promise!! I do dislike noisy neighbors myself.[/QUOTE]

When are you going? :eek:

Of course if they are quiet , as in no stomping around :) , I won't mind having them upstairs.

Gina

[quote name='mommabean']When are you going? :eek:

Of course if they are quiet , as in no stomping around :) , I won't mind having them upstairs.

Gina[/QUOTE]

we go July 13 2012.

No stomping i promise. I have teens and they are used to hotel/cruise rules. I think they have heard me complain about noisy hall guest enough to know how rude it is.

I was just at Disney and could not believe the family across the hall yelling at each other as they were coming out of their room at 7am. I mean really, you may be up but no matter what time it is, there may be someone sleeping! Ticks me off that im so quiet when we come to our room at midnight not to wake anyone, and others are so selfish. We have even taken our shoes off in a hall to be quiet.

Some people...........

[quote name='flbeachmom']we go July 13 2012.

No stomping i promise. I have teens and they are used to hotel/cruise rules. I think they have heard me complain about noisy hall guest enough to know how rude it is.

I was just at Disney and could not believe the family across the hall yelling at each other as they were coming out of their room at 7am. I mean really, you may be up but no matter what time it is, there may be someone sleeping! Ticks me off that im so quiet when we come to our room at midnight not to wake anyone, and others are so selfish. We have even taken our shoes off in a hall to be quiet.

Some people...........[/QUOTE]

We are on in Sept.

That was my biggest problem with children on Carnival...running up and down the hall above us.

Gina

There was delay in the drydock of Radiance.

from my GF facebook

"Overall it has been a very positive experience. The ship yard in Victoria has been outstanding to work with, and has been given top praises by Captain Claus and the New Build team. The biggest challenge we’ve faced so far was running into a Canadian holiday so we had some challenges with customs approvals. This put us behind our plan by about 8%, but we’ve managed to cut the timeline to being 3% behind and the team is confident we can catch up this week."

sounds like it should be all done in time thou

Archived