Is 11:30 too early a flight at Tampa?

dsaurus

Hi,

If the Carnival Legend gets in at 8am at Tampa, is it possible to make an 11:30 flight? Are they organized? Is the airport close?

if you make it in on time and get off the ship...no problem.

We hung around our cabins a while, had breakfast and then went up to the lido for a bit......we probably could have caught an 11:30 flight.

Just my opinion, 1130 would be pushing it. 1230 would be much less of a problem. You SHOULD make it, but if u are running a bit late for whatever reason...........i would suggest if you are planning on trying to make it, take your own baggage off. That saves a good amount of time.

Good luck either way!

TPA is only a 15 minute cab ride from the pier. IIRC Carnival was having some problems last year with other ships in the channel. I believe a freighter docked in the main channel forced the ship to dock at an alternate spot and bus passengers to the terminal causing some substantial delays. I would check and see if this situation has been rectified. Perhaps someone from the Tampa area will know and post here.

I've found Miami and Cape Liberty NJ to be very unorganized and difficult to get in and out of, but I had such a great experience at the port in Ft. Lauderdale, that I was wondering how Tampa was. In Ft. Lauderdale we were at the airport less than 2 hours after we docked!

You should be fine, as long as the ship makes it back to the pier on time. Just be aware if the ship is delayed at all(weather) you may miss your flight.

The self assist debarkation should leave you with plenty of time, I believe I was off the Inspiration by 8am. Cabs and shuttles to the airport are plenty.

Debarkation went quickly and smoothly for us in Tampa, and we did have CC buddies who had an 11:30 am flight and made it fine.

However, I would be nervous about a flight that early. You never know when the ship might be delayed getting INTO port, or customs might have issues and not release the ship for debarkation on time. Just too many variables for me ~ I would change the flight if it were me.

If you do decide to keep the flight, do self-debarkation if possible (you have to be able to carry all your own bags off the ship without assisstance). Or, go to the Purser's desk and get early flight VIP debarkation tags.

Good luck, and enjoy your cruise! :)

Archived