What About a "Guaranteed Cabin / Catagory"?

mikjr

We have a cruise coming up next year. I had originally wanted a mini suite with a balcony, but booked a regular balcony cabin because there were no mini suites available. We requested to be placed on the waiting list for a mini suite

The very next day my TA calls and says we had a "mini suite guarantee" in a Catagory AB.

So... what experiences have the CC members had with "cabin guarantees"?? Since I haven't been assigned a specific room, I'm a bit concerned... this is our first time booking a cruise with a Catagory Guarantee.

How can... one day there be NO suites, and the very next day... suites available. Does Princess "QUALIFY" their passengers first before assigning the better rooms??

thanks

There may have ben a room on hold, someone who hasn't completed their booking then decided to cancel.

If you are open minded to what category you end up with a guarantee is a great way to go, you never know, you may even be upgraded!

Since your cruise is next year, from what we have seen and experienced. Princess is counting on many cancellations between now and final payment. You will be GURARANTEED an AB mini suite, or if one is not available, a category above that somewhere. No worrys, they will have that mini, in some category, ready and waiting for you.

Archived