Non-Prescription Supplements

squuggy

I know that I need to take my medications in their prescription bottles. But has anyone had any problem at security checkpoints with non-prescription supplements? For me this includes Fish Oil capsules, Herbal supplements and Vitamins. I buy these in bulk containers and there is no way I'm going to waste valuable luggage space to have these in their 1000 pills per bottle containers.

The security at US airports won't care how you package any pills. Gelcaps (fish oil)may well be another story . . . limits on liquids in your carry on. But I've never had them ask for the labels. I assume if you have any liquids they will be in the original container.

Customs at airports outside the US might be an issue if you get selected for additional screening.. . . think about carrying the labels from the packages.

I know that I need to take my medications in their prescription bottles. But has anyone had any problem at security checkpoints with non-prescription supplements? For me this includes Fish Oil capsules, Herbal supplements and Vitamins. I buy these in bulk containers and there is no way I'm going to waste valuable luggage space to have these in their 1000 pills per bottle containers.

My wife takes hers in hand carry bag around the world. We have never had a problem on a ship, or in an airport. She takes only the amount of pills she needs for the trip and separates them out into day amounts. ;)

I take several medications, vitamins and supplements daily. I use one of those 7 day pill boxes and load up each day with what I need. It goes with me in my purse. I also take baggies of protein powder, but these I put in my checked bag. Nothing is in it's original packaging. I've never had a problem with any of it.

I take several medications, vitamins and supplements daily. I use one of those 7 day pill boxes and load up each day with what I need. It goes with me in my purse. I also take baggies of protein powder, but these I put in my checked bag. Nothing is in it's original packaging. I've never had a problem with any of it.

Baggies full of white powder! You are daring! ;)

I've never been questioned about my over the counter meds. I've also never been questioned about my prescriptions, except for my Vicodin. That's a narcotic and I always carry it in it's origanal bottle. I take Glucophage, Ambian and a variety of crap for my MS.

Archived