limo driver, auto rental, bus, etc???

Need some advice.

We will be arriving @ the Orlando airport on the night of the 8th. Will need to get to the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal. Will stay there until the 11th Am and then need to get to the Radisson. Then will need a ride to the port on the 12th. Will then need to be picked up at ship on the 19th and get a ride to the Orlando airport. What is the best way to go about this. We usually just have a driver pick us up and take us back but that is when we go to Disney and don't need a car, Advice please????????????????

For some of the trips (Radisson to the port) the hotel has a shuttle to take you to the terminal. It may be complimentary for guests but, if not, it's usually only $3.00 per person.

As far as the other trips, you may want to think about a transportation/limo service that I've heard has a great reputation here in Orlando. It's called triptotheship.com . They have both vans and towncars. You could do a taxi, but then I think it's more than if you used the service. Triptotheship specializes in taking guests from OIA to the cruise terminal in Port Canaveral and also picking them up after their cruise. I'm not sure of the cost, but it never hurts to give them a call. I prefer a local company over a chain because you can usually work out a better deal financially.

Just my opionion, of course. Not matter what you decide, though, I hope you have a fantastic cruise and a great vacation. ENJOY!!!!

Most people I have seen on threads rent a car for two one way trips. One to the port, turn in the rental and get the free shuttle to the port and this procedure is reversed on the way home.

I would recommend that you go to the threads on the east coast departures. There is a thread with a ton of info called "I work in Port Canaveral." It is a long thread, but well worth reading. Good luck and enjoy the cruise.

Archived