Just Booked with Victor! - A few questions...

jjstexas

We just booked with Victor Bodden for next March. I had asked him if it would be rushing us to do snorkel and zipline both, and he said the important thing is to be off the ship as soon as possible. He goes to zipline first and lines form later in the morning. He quoted us $85 each for 5 of us for snorkeling, zipline, and transportation. I thought this was good.

Is there a certain area we need to ask to go to snorkel or do the zipline? We have never been to Roatan before, but are looking forward to it.

Thanks!

Alicia

Sovereign of the Seas—July 2000

Grandeur of the Seas—March 2003

Adventure of the Seas—Feb 2004

Mariner of the Seas—May 2005

Rhapsody of the Seas—April 2006

Freedom of the Seas—Feb 2007

Voyager of the Seas—March 2008-- CAN”T WAIT!!

We did the Jungle Canopy Tour.

You pay them when you get there 45 pp

Then we headed to the Iguana Farm 5 pp

Victor's house to see the monkeys 2 pp

some shopping. I love the wodden bowls in Roatan.

then off to snorkle, our driver took us in his boat so we didn't pay for this

next & last stop was the orphanage

You pay your driver at the end of the tour.

• 4 weeks later...

We are planning a tour with Vic Bodden and were wondering how far the Iguana Farm was from the South Shore Zip Line and snorkeling at West Bay Beach? Can we do the zip line and the Iguana's and still have time for snorkeling? We're only in port from 8-3.

Cindy2

I would watch the time. If the zip-line takes extra time (we had to wait about 40 minutes before we could zip) you might skip it and go to snorkel. We actually went to the iguana farm while we waited for our zip-line time, but then it really cut into our beach time. The thing that I wanted to do most had the shortest amount of time:(

Roatan is beautiful

Enjoy

Sandy

I know the zip line is $45 per person and if you have 4 or more people, the tour is $25 per person, so that would be $70 per person. Do you have to pay something for snorkeling?:confused:

By the way, can anyone who has eaten at Half Moon Bay tell me if they accept credit cards?

Can't say anything but wonderful, great and fantastic. We had Ben. He was waiting for us when we got there. Took us immediately to the zipline. We didn't have to wait at all. Next stop was the beach. (We decided not to snorkel as we already did on the other ports and we wanted to stay dry.) There is some shopping at that stop. From there, we went to Victor's house. Played with the baby monkeys and an anteater. Got to see 2 other kinds of monkeys, deer, parrots, etc. Spent as much time as we wanted there. Ben makes frequent stops around the island for photo opportunities. Beautiful island. We went to the iguana farm and sat down and fed the igunas. There were hundreds. They come right up to you and climb on you if you want them too. They love to have their heads rubbed. This place is right on the ocean, so after you see the igunas, you walk down to the pier and you can see a lot of different fish they have fenced in. Barracudas, Tarpon, puffer fish etc. Several different kinds. From there we asked if we could stop at a grocery store to pick-up some sodas to take back to our room and to get some of their great coffee. We got over 10 lbs to bring home. It's less than $2.00 a pound. We made some this morning and it was wonderful. Overall had a wonderful time.

We were on the Carnival Legend and stopped at Roatan on 10/5. We also used Victor Bodden and had Leonell as our guide. Fantastic island and we can't praise Bodden tours enough. Although we originally asked to see several things, I changed my mind and asked to see the non-tourist areas as much as possible and DW wanted to pickup some mahogany items. We went to Victors house also. Just watch the anteater if you have cigarettes in your pocket as he really like to get at them. I bent down to pet him and before you knew it he went up one arn and over my neck and right into the pocket to get at the pack. Received a few scratches, but, it was my fault and there was no harm intended and it gave everyone a good laugh and I became known as the guy attacked by the anteater for my 5 seconds of fame. We went over all sides of the island and made some fantastic purchases. Oh Ya, I also got to discover the local beer thanks to to Leonell. Best tour I've ever been on.

Thanks for the review. I've booked him for my cruise next March & can't wait. We're doing the ziplines, touring the island, & going to his house. I don't smoke, but I may have to get a cigarette just to see what the anteater will do LOL.

1- The other CC members that did the zip-line said it was the best one that they have done. More lines and Bodden gets you there before the cruise line so you don't have much of a wait.

2- The anteater thinks he's a dog and if you hold him, just scratch his head and he will curl up in your arms. Wouldn't suggest the cigarette though as I have 4 punture wounds and 3 long scratch's on my right arn and 2 decent ones on the back of my neck. But like I said--my fault.

3- DW wanted some mahogany items for home and as gifts. Leonell firdt took us to a shop in town near the pier and later to a place on a high hill (beautiful view) where she found a good size bowl and lid for 10 dollars. The place in town had everything from small jewelry boxes all the way up to tables and hope chests ( wouldn't fit in our backpack ).

4- DW was so impressed with Bodden and the Roatan island itself that I am under orders now to book the Legend again next year ( or whatever ship that will go there if the Legend doesn't ).

cruzmonkeys DD

1- The other CC members that did the zip-line said it was the best one that they have done. More lines and Bodden gets you there before the cruise line so you don't have much of a wait.

2- The anteater thinks he's a dog and if you hold him, just scratch his head and he will curl up in your arms. Wouldn't suggest the cigarette though as I have 4 punture wounds and 3 long scratch's on my right arn and 2 decent ones on the back of my neck. But like I said--my fault.

3- DW wanted some mahogany items for home and as gifts. Leonell firdt took us to a shop in town near the pier and later to a place on a high hill (beautiful view) where she found a good size bowl and lid for 10 dollars. The place in town had everything from small jewelry boxes all the way up to tables and hope chests ( wouldn't fit in our backpack ).

4- DW was so impressed with Bodden and the Roatan island itself that I am under orders now to book the Legend again next year ( or whatever ship that will go there if the Legend doesn't ).

cruzmonkeys DD

Thanks cruzmonkey, it sounds great! My question is, what time did they let you off of the Legend to start your tour? (ship time) And is there enough time to tour the whole island (with shopping stops, etc.)with bodden tours??

Thanks cruzmonkey, it sounds great! My question is, what time did they let you off of the Legend to start your tour? (ship time) And is there enough time to tour the whole island (with shopping stops, etc.)with bodden tours??

We were off the the ship a little after 8:00 AM and had to be back on board by 2:30 PM. Since it is a dock at the pier and not a tender you are at the Bodden booth within about 4 or 5 minutes. Remember--with them, its whatever you want to do. Leonell asked what time we needed to be back (ship time) and he adjusted his clock to make sure we made it. We told him we wanted to be back no later than 2:00 and we had no problem. We shopped(several places), took pictures, stopped for something to drink, went to Victors house, went to a small area where you can shop some more and had a beach if you wanted to swim and had a few beers--while we were their, Leonell waited with some other drivers but always was watching for us to return and was standing at the car while we were still walking down the road. Just tell them what you want to do and you are on your way. Also, you do not pay until you get back to the port.

cruzmonkey,

did they mention which zipline they did that they thought was the best one they had ever done?

.. there are several.. i have heard the jungle one is more challenging... i wish the cruiseline gave you more time in roatan.. from what everyone is saying its a great stop

cruzmonkey,

did they mention which zipline they did that they thought was the best one they had ever done?

.. there are several.. i have heard the jungle one is more challenging... i wish the cruiseline gave you more time in roatan.. from what everyone is saying its a great stop

I heard someone mention something about the jungle and that it had more lines than Belize and some other ports. When we were with Bodden, the guide showed us an area that is in the process of being set-up for more ziplines. And yes, I wish that the stop was longer than 7 hours and that the Legend would make it permanent. To us, Roatan was by far the best stop and plan on returning there next year. If you get to go check out Victor Bodden. If you go to Victors house to see the monkeys , etc., say hi to the anteater for me. I became known as the guy attacked by the anteater which caused alot of laughter at my expense.

cruzmonkeys DD

I heard someone mention something about the jungle and that it had more lines than Belize and some other ports. When we were with Bodden, the guide showed us an area that is in the process of being set-up for more ziplines. And yes, I wish that the stop was longer than 7 hours and that the Legend would make it permanent. To us, Roatan was by far the best stop and plan on returning there next year. If you get to go check out Victor Bodden. If you go to Victors house to see the monkeys , etc., say hi to the anteater for me. I became known as the guy attacked by the anteater which caused alot of laughter at my expense.

cruzmonkeys DD

Ok, we'll say hi to the anteater for ya! LOL That sounds like fun seeing all his "creatures"!! :eek:

Question: I assume you have to pay the driver in cash? And should we tip him too?

Thanks for all your help!!

:D

This port was my daughter's favorite. We had a private tour, (just the 3 of us) but my last post was removed as I mentioned the tour operator without being asked first. We ziplined, played with the monkeys and anteater, went to a grocery store for sodas for our room and coffee to take home and saw the igunas. I did a complete review on this port on the member review under Carnival Valor. Any questions?

... but my last post was removed as I mentioned the tour operator without being asked first...

No, your review was not removed, it was merged with another thread.

If you had clicked your user name over the words Cool Cruiser and then clicked Find all posts by kentuckychris in the drop down menu, you would have seen your review still on your previous posts list. However, it was now residing on this thread instead. Just as your above post has now been moved to the same thread.

Since you started a thread with a review but not as a response to someone asking for the information, I thought it best to just merge it into another thread so it would not be a Guideline violation and have to be removed. That way, you could still pass your information on to the others reading this forum. I looked at your previous posts and picked a thread where you had posted previously and your review would be on topic.

So sorry for the confusion, but it was the best I could do to keep from removing your review. I hope you understand.

Kat020105_emYA11_prv.gif

Ok, we'll say hi to the anteater for ya! LOL That sounds like fun seeing all his "creatures"!! :eek:

Question: I assume you have to pay the driver in cash? And should we tip him too?

Thanks for all your help!!

:D

Yes, cash at the end and we also tipped him as he was the greatest. He did exactly as we asked. No taking us to touristy places except for the first stop near the port and he told us that he wanted us to check the prices there so that we could have a better idea of comparison later on. No hype and no pressure. He answered every question we had about the island and the mainland, including the ferry that runs between the two and the fact that most of the islanders can't afford to work on the mainland as the cost to ferry is $ 25.00 US each way. You'll love it.

cruzmonkeys DD

First - Thanks for all of the great info..:)

I was wondering how many different zip companies are on the island and which one is the longest (has the most zips) or which one is the best? Has anyone done more than one? The one that goes out over the ocean sounds nice. I am booking with Victor this week. We have a party of 5 me, DH, SON 14, and friends both 46. Also, my son and I are certified divers and my dh and friends are snorkelers. Does anyone know where we could go to dive and snorkle at the same time? If this situation does not work out for this port then we would like to find a nice beach where you can get a massage and snorkel. Any suggestions???

On our trip we didn't scuba dive but snorkeled, but also had an option to dive.

First You should get off the boat early, zip-line at South SHore Zip-line or Canopy which is real close to the beach where we snorkeled at a place called Foster's West Bay. There was also a dive place called Las Rocas. THe zip-line was great, had about 16 platforms can't remember how much cables, but it was very safe, it had 2 cables, one for zipping and the other was to attach your safety clips. Awesome views!!! As for the snorkeling the reef is very close in and the water was crystal clear that day. lots of corral and sea life.

Hey Cindy! You seem to have disappeared from our roll call for the Legend on 11/4...come back and visit us! We're planning to meet at the Unicorn Bar (by the adult pool) at around 3 on Sunday if you're interested!

And by the way, 4 of us are also doing a Bodden tour...seems to be very popular!

Archived