Puerto Limon, Costa Rica

rlkubi

:) We are trying to decide between the Miracle in March '08 which goes to Puerto Limon or the Spirit which goes from San Diego to Mexico. I am leaning toward the Miracle because I've never been on that ship. If you've been to Puerto Limon please give me your thoughts. My friends went there and hated it -- she said she wouldn't get off the ship at that port if we went there. Comments? Also, has anyone gone in March. I'm going for my 50th birthday -- want a cruise instead of a party. But, I don't want to be with a bunch of "spring breakers". Would the Spirit be a better pick?

Thanks!

We stopped at Puerto Limon 2 years ago, and the town itself if nothing to speak of. My husband went on the kayaking/jungle/eco excursion and I went to the national park and did the "skywalk" trip. It's a lush, green countryside with diverse excursions for every interest.

• 3 weeks later...

Costa Rica is something to see. Quite unique.

Maybe look through the ship's tours and see if something interests you before you dismiss it. Rain Forest, ziplining, animals, plantations, etc.

We did a private tour with Oscar Brown in December and thoroughly enjoyed Limon. We got a terrific narrated drive tour of the town which was really interesting, went on a canal trip, held a sloth, nice beach, beautiful scenery & plants, etc. It was the best port on our Panama Canal cruise!

Would suggest only a ship or private tour as sights are away from port.

I'm sure others will post what they did as well.

Marty and Tony

It depends what you like. The Mexican Riviera ports are mainly beach destinations. From Limon, you can do a variety of activities such as such as whitewater rafting, zip lining and the Tortugero Canal. Note: Limon itself is a poor town with no sights of interest so you need to take a tour (ship or private.)

Archived