Port or Starboard

Gaprofitt

Port is right the right side correct? I am asumming this is better on Northbound sailings to Alaska correct? This has probably been

discussed but I get database errors when using the search feature. Any other cabin suggestions are appreciated, I understand the Caribe

balconies are bigger, but I can only find two together on the left side of the ship. Looking at Coral or Island princess for june, 2008, 2 people in each room.

Thanks,

port is left...4 letters in each word.

if you are cruising glacier bay, the port side is the side to be on...ONLY if you are planning on spending the whole time on your balcony.

the views that the park rangers talks about are on the port side. they do turn the ship around, but the best views approaching the glaciers are forward and port.

since you aren't that close to shore, both sides have views until you get to open water heading to whittier or seward.

To remember "port" think left with 4 letters and to remember "starboard" think right has more letters in the word than left.

Just returned on Friday from our 2nd Alaskan cruise. If you are going northbound, then you probably will want to be on the starboard side. If you are going southbound, then you will want to be on the left side. And be sure you have a balcony room. The views are beautiful and you don't have to fight the crowds on the top deck.

Have a great cruise,

Pcitygal

port is left...4 letters in each word.

if you are cruising glacier bay, the port side is the side to be on...ONLY if you are planning on spending the whole time on your balcony.

the views that the park rangers talks about are on the port side. they do turn the ship around, but the best views approaching the glaciers are forward and port.

since you aren't that close to shore, both sides have views until you get to open water heading to whittier or seward.

I know port is left side.. but your way of remembering it is a very good idea.

A friend was telling us if the cruise goes to College Fjords and Glacier Bay we should get port, up front as much as possible..

You need a PORT side IF you only wish to view your glaciers from your cabin and not go out on deck. All the glaciers are on this side on the way in along with the commentary. You do not need a "front" cabin.

Archived