Time for El Yunque on Triumph

LibraByTheSea

I noticed an "el yunque' rainforest tour listed for San Juan - but it looks like you can't book it prior to cruising? Maybe once on board IF it's offered?

The excursion is 4.5 hours long as listed by Carnival - but I think you can do it on your own or thru another independent tour guide.

Froufie

Depending on the time of the day and the traffic, you will need a 45-60 minutes drive to the entrance of the Forest (Visitors Center, El Portal). You will need a minimum of 5 or 6 hours; if you have more time, you can hike more than one trail. Please ask for directions at the Visitors Center or download the trail´s map on Forest Service´s website.

Good luck.

rwmcamr1 - were you able to book this trip in advance thru the carnival website? If so can you please advise?

When I look at the San Juan excursions page (thru my own reservation going to 'add short excursions) - I see this:

THIS IS A DEBARKATION DAY EXCURSION FOR THE CARNIVAL

DESTINY AND CAN BE PURCHASED ONCE ONBOARD YOUR SHIP*

When I click on the actual tour to get the description - this is included in the text:

*THIS EXCURSION MAY NOT BE OFFERED ON ALL SHIPS OR ON ALL ITINERARIES. PLEASE CONSULT THE SHORE EXCURSION DESK ONCE ONBOARD FOR AVAILABILITY

Did you not see these messages when booking thru Carnival? Any info greatly appreciated!

Froufie

• 1 month later...
Hi

My family and I are already booked for a rainforest tour. We are on the Triumph the week of August 11th. We booked thru Carnival at a cost of $49 per person. Hope this helps.

Welcome back from your cruise! Would love to hear about it - and esp about the Carnival El Yunque excursion. Did you enjoy it? Worth the $$ - did you have enuf time to see the sights?

Any info/advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Froufie

p.s. Any chance you have copies of Capers you can post???

Archived