Island Princess balcony rooms near elevators

Gaprofitt

Hi all,

Just booked Island Princess for June of next year, got rooms C502 and C426 on Caribe. These rooms seem to jut out more from the other rooms. Any cons to these room? And do they have the same balcony size as all the Caribe balconies? These rooms are also right next door from each other...any idea why one is in the 500's and the other in the 420's?

Thanks!

Hi Gaprofitt! We have been on the Island twice. Both times we had balconies in that same midship bump out location. We had C426 (opposite side of the ship) first and then C502 on our second trip. Excellent locations. If it's vacation time I think C502 and C426 would be even better than C426 as they are just a little aft of the elevator, and if there are lots of kids on board there might be more noise. We were never bothered and would book any of those cabins again even though the balconies are not the large ones.

The balconies in this bump out section are not as large as other Caribe Deck balconies, but they were adequate for us, and we liked being able to see fore and aft from the balcony.

I don't have the deck plan in front of me right now, but there are some great quiet aft decks for lounging or sightseeing that I loved. There are no cabins back there, just open covered decks.

I have no idea about the numbering! Have a great cruise to Alaska??

Archived