How many swimsuits...

squuggy

...are enough? Planning for an upcoming 8 day (gay) cruise to Mexico. If it were a straight cruise I'd probable settle on two, but when there are a thousand gay men making fashion critiques (admit it, we ALL do it) I'm wondering whether more might be (socially) necessary. Any input?

Practically speaking, two makes sense. That way one is already dry and ready to wear if the other one is wet, so to speak. I haven't taken more than two on any gay cruise (granted, the two were pretty fabulous) and have done fine. Three if you feel festive and have room? ;)

I'm going on the same cruise as you and I just bought two new bathing suits for the cruise. One square cut and one bikini and I'll throw in the two more just to be safe. So I think four should do for me. I'll never be in one bathing suit more than twice for an 8 day cruise. Cheers, Jim

QUOTE: an 8 Day Gay Cruise, you will want 10-12 swimsuits. You never know the mood or the theme at the pool. One suggestion, please make sure they fit and look nice, there is nothing worse than a swimsuit that does not look nice

LOL

QUOTE: an 8 Day Gay Cruise, you will want 10-12 swimsuits. You never know the mood or the theme at the pool. One suggestion, please make sure they fit and look nice, there is nothing worse than a swimsuit that does not look nice

LOL

For a second I thought you were serious! :D

• 3 years later...

OK, one for straight beaches on shore excursions. Conservative.

One wild, but tasteful for on-board. And one as a back up in the event of a failure. Do men really care if you wore the same suit yesterday? :confused:

I can see extras if there are theme parties requiring specific colors, but really.... how much do you want to have to buy and pack?

And try them on before you leave home, especially if it's been a while since you did; they many not fit right anymore due to working out, or not having worked out (blubber) as in my case. Worse, the elastic around the legs could have gotten old and brittle, no longer preventing gaps and fall-outs (serious faux-pas). I just had to throw one out on the cruise last week due to the latter issue. :eek:

Finally, get real. Some suits just aren't age-appropriate over 12/21/30/45/60.

don't forget that there are some afternoon T dances. you don't want to be wearing the same suit at the pool then later dancing pool side. Of course, Aussiebum underwear also seem to double as swim suits too. I'm just sayin!

As many as possible with the same cut. You don't want three-tone tanlines. I have 6 in the same style, different colors. :p

Good point! I wore a box cut and got a bit of a sun burn and then when I wore a shorter one it looked freaky. Wear lots of sunblock.

As many as possible with the same cut. You don't want three-tone tanlines. I have 6 in the same style, different colors. :p

Go swimsuitless and you don't have to worry about tan lines. ;) Not naked on the cruise, of course :D

Go swimsuitless and you don't have to worry about tan lines. ;) Not naked on the cruise, of course :D

Well, there's always..... deck 13 (last week's Atlantis cruise).

Or the freestyle deck on some NCL ships.

Or Orient Beach St Maarten.......

Well, there's always..... deck 13 (last week's Atlantis cruise).

Or the freestyle deck on some NCL ships.

Or Orient Beach St Maarten.......

RSVP has a clothing optional deck too, but OP is on a regular cruise. Are NCL freestyle decks topless or c/o?

I think the perfect number of swim suits is probably 23....

1 for the afternoon of embarkation.... 1 for the hot tubs that evening.

then 1 each day for the morning,

A different for 1 each afternoon,

Then a third one for each evening,

and finally yet a fourth one for the hot tubs or to match a themed party

And of course 1 for the morning of debarkation as they drag you kicking and screaming from the ship.......

so thats 2, 20, and 1 which makes 23.

In all seriousness I take 3.... 2 I actually wear and 1 I should never wear in public but think about it.

I think the perfect number of swim suits is probably 23....

1 for the afternoon of embarkation.... 1 for the hot tubs that evening.

then 1 each day for the morning,

A different for 1 each afternoon,

Then a third one for each evening,

and finally yet a fourth one for the hot tubs or to match a themed party

And of course 1 for the morning of debarkation as they drag you kicking and screaming from the ship.......

so thats 2, 20, and 1 which makes 23.

In all seriousness I take 3.... 2 I actually wear and 1 I should never wear in public but think about it.

Don't forget sunglasses to go with each suit.

When I couldn't find the perfect swimsuit, I designed it myself.... and ended up running my own swimwear business. I personally made over 1100 suits and was in business for a few years. Unfortunately Tropis Swimwear LLC didn't survive the economy.

We sail in three days on our 20th anniversary cruise! :D :D

Since I wear Speedos of all the same style, and they dont take up any space..I bring them all, including many pairs of underwear. I wear the same style, dosent matter what beach or pool, conservitive or not...If women and girls can wear anything they want so can I. Ive only taken mainstream cruises with many kids and familys..That dosent stop me..

Archived