Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

I like all of them. Having our dogs have a middle name is so much fun! I rarely use just Horton alone.......I usually ALWAYS say Horton Jeffrey!

Well, Horton Jeffrey and I are getting closer and closer to our 2 weeks onboard the Pacific Princess. I'm getting all his fancy collars, leashes and his Tux from Aunt Cindy ready. :)

I love collars! I learned how to make them, and Jagger has a bunch of Disney Cruise line collars, plus some other fun stuff.

I bet your Disney one's are really cute.

I change his collar every day [i try to match the collar color to what I'm wearing].....Some of the best places to buy them are: Baxter Boo, Pet Expectations, Trendy Puppy and Four On The Floor to name a few.

When I first got Brenda I bought so many that even Horton can wear [except for the really girly ones.]

The folks onboard the ship really get a kick out of them and they don't take away from his doing his job.

He wears his Tux collar from Auntie Cindy on formal nights, he looks so handsome in it.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Hey everyone from beautiful Topsail Island, NC...well kind of rainy today but still beautiful! i am here for two weeks with Dottie and our Lucy, and then I have to go back to work but Dottie and Lucy are staying and my sister is bringing my Mom down for a week. I think this time of the year is the best time to be at a NC beach, and we can almost step off the porch onto the beach. Best of all we can let Lucy off the leash and she is just running and running, which is good because the vet said lose those extra 10 pounds!(waiting on lecture from Roz at this point).

Anyway just wanted to tell everyone Hey from Goober!...Chris will know what i mean.

Keith

Hey everyone from beautiful Topsail Island, NC...well kind of rainy today but still beautiful! i am here for two weeks with Dottie and our Lucy, and then I have to go back to work but Dottie and Lucy are staying and my sister is bringing my Mom down for a week. I think this time of the year is the best time to be at a NC beach, and we can almost step off the porch onto the beach. Best of all we can let Lucy off the leash and she is just running and running, which is good because the vet said lose those extra 10 pounds!(waiting on lecture from Roz at this point).

Anyway just wanted to tell everyone Hey from Goober!...Chris will know what i mean.

Keith

Keith, no lectures! Horton's Puppy Raisers are from Winston-Salem, NC.

Horty has, at least, 10 pounds to lose and we won't even talk about his Mommy! :rolleyes:

Have a wonderful time!

How handsome are those boys in their tuxes!

Dianne

Dianne, Brenda was my first CCI dog and I never imagined myself working with a male. Horton has totally changed my thoughts on that. He's such a joy-filled dog, full of personality and so handsome. He's the polar opposite to Brenda. She was such a serious dog [so alpha-like], everything had to be her way. He's such a character and he could care less who's in charge as long as he gets his food, naps and play time!

Keith, no lectures! Horton's Puppy Raisers are from Winston-Salem, NC.

Horty has, at least, 10 pounds to lose and we won't even talk about his Mommy! :rolleyes:

Have a wonderful time!

10 lbs??? 😲😲😲😲

Edited by rangeley

Keith

Hey back! You are right, autumn is definitely the best time of year on the NC beaches. We used to live right across from the Emerald Isle bridge and my brother has a rental house on the island where the family hangs out now and then. Hope the rain eases off.

Tell Lucy to have fun at her coastal spa vacation!

Besides being dapper in his tux outfit, Orson is showing his excellent training in that photo by remaining calm next to an oversize costume character, isn't he?!

I'll never forget watching my N.C. trainer give a pre-Halloween demonstration last year, explaining the reactions many dogs have to big hats, puffy parkas, etc even worn by a familiar person.

The other two dogs in our class freaked at the trainer's "scary" witch hat and noises but Raylene just sat and observed.