Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

23 hours ago, DUTRAVEL said:

I'm so glad to hear that with the right meds Horton should be back to his normal self soon! Such a scary time with everything else going on. Happy retirement Horton and I hope your successor dog is available soon.

Thank you!  I'm praying that we will be able to buy Horton more years!!!  Most importantly pain and illness free!

23 hours ago, Mavis and Me said:

I have had phenomenal results using MSM on arthritic dogs!  I give it 2x/day to bowel tolerance for a couple weeks, then back off to about half as much/day for maintenance.

Happy to hear that sweet Horty is feeling better, Roz!  That sounded terrifying!

Terrifying is a very good description of last week.  Horton is back to sleeping in my room, in his bed, and he's interested in going out and checking out the world.  I'm so happy for him.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, DUTRAVEL said:

I'm so glad to hear that with the right meds Horton should be back to his normal self soon! Such a scary time with everything else going on. Happy retirement Horton and I hope your successor dog is available soon.

Thank you.  It's a difficult time for CCI, as it is for most Org's right now.  I, too, hope that the Successor Dog process happens sooner rather than later but I'm not the only person looking to receive a canine partner and there some folks who have been on the waiting list much longer than me.

Happy Weekend Everyone!

As if enough wasn't enough for old Roz these past few weeks.......my T.V. in the living room gave up and died after 25 years.  Is that a long life for a t.v.?   Geezzz!  Talk about an expensive couple of weeks.......I hated May, 2020!!!!!

I called Best Buy Tuesday and by Thursday had a 55 inch Sony delivered, installed, and the dead Sony removed [like nothing ever happened], can't recommend Best Buy enough!!!!

I can't imagine living through all the nonsense of this month without a T.V. to keep me company both now and in the far and distant future. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

A 55 inch TV.  That was unheard of when you bought that last one.

Enjoy it, and have a good weekend. (try not to watch to much depressing news)

Thank you!  "Depressing News" Is there anything else?  I love the National Georgraphic Channel......no chance of getting any politics or health advisories!  Lots of animal stories though!

22 minutes ago, wizard-of-roz said:

"Depressing News" Is there anything else?  

Not sure if you ever check out YouTube but there is a channel there called SGN (Some Good News) hosted by John Krasinski (aka:Jim in The Office). Very touching stories done from his home which include all sorts of celebrity cameos!!  I always find myself smiling when I watch it (if not tearing up just a little bit!)! ❤️

1 hour ago, Mavis and Me said:

Not sure if you ever check out YouTube but there is a channel there called SGN (Some Good News) hosted by John Krasinski (aka:Jim in The Office). Very touching stories done from his home which include all sorts of celebrity cameos!!  I always find myself smiling when I watch it (if not tearing up just a little bit!)! ❤️

Thank you for sharing SGN.  Sure is better than the stuff that's thrown at us on the usual channels. 😍

I hope everyone in the US is having a good holiday today! I am actually working (I'm a lab tech at a large hospital so I'm considered essential). 

My family and I decided to cancel our cruise in October but instead we are cruising in April 2021. We originally were going to be flying to Rome to get on the ship and sailing back to US, but now it's backwards and we will be sailing from the US over to Rome. I honestly feel less anxious knowing that I'm getting on the ship at my home country. I'm so excited for this trip!

2 hours ago, Mabbiez said:

I hope everyone in the US is having a good holiday today! I am actually working (I'm a lab tech at a large hospital so I'm considered essential). 

My family and I decided to cancel our cruise in October but instead we are cruising in April 2021. We originally were going to be flying to Rome to get on the ship and sailing back to US, but now it's backwards and we will be sailing from the US over to Rome. I honestly feel less anxious knowing that I'm getting on the ship at my home country. I'm so excited for this trip!

It sounds like a wonderful cruise.  It's so much fun to have a cruise to look forward to.

Good mornin all,

I have a story to tell.  It will be long, get a snack.  So, we got my beautiful  boy, Rocky last July.  He was born June 12, 2019.  In January this year my husband had to go to the emergency room 3 times.  He could not breath.  The 3rd time was via ambulance.  After sitting in ER for around 8 hours they finally admitted him.  He was there for 4 daya.  He is still sick.  Rocky went to a trainer and stayed with him for about 4 weeks.  When he came home I tried as hard as I could to give him the attention he needed along with taking care of my husband.  We had to make the heart breaking decision to give Rocky up.  I still cry just talking about it.  Tears are flowing.  Anyway, Roy found a home for Rocky with 2 younger boys that just loved him.  I was ok for a couple of days, then started waking up at 3 o'clock in the morning worrying whether he was ok.  Was he just in the back yard with no one playing with him?  Was he too hot out there? We love in Arizona it is already getting hot.  We had ribs for dinner, as I was throwing the bones out I thought " I hope they know not to give him bones. ".  I prayed he wasn't too much for them and ended up at the Shelter. This went on for about a

week.  I sent Roy a text and asked for an update on Rocky. Sure enough they had returned Rocky to him.  They had got him for their elderly mother.  I know he would be too much puppy for an older person.  I am one and he was a handful for me.  So Roy has a neighbor, a Veteran who worked with dogs in the military, all over the world.  He fell in love with Rocky!  Who wouldnt?  Rocky took to him also.  So Rocky is training to be his Service Dog and doing grea!  He went to the doctor with his new dad and d I d great.  I am so happy and now feel comfortable that my boy is being taken care of.  I still feel guilty that I failed as his mom and miss him like crazy.  🐾💔💖  Roy is going to try and get some pictures of him and send them to me!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, S.S. Cruisers said:

Good mornin all,

I have a story to tell.  It will be long, get a snack.  So, we got my beautiful  boy, Rocky last July.  He was born June 12, 2019.  In January this year my husband had to go to the emergency room 3 times.  He could not breath.  The 3rd time was via ambulance.  After sitting in ER for around 8 hours they finally admitted him.  He was there for 4 daya.  He is still sick.  Rocky went to a trainer and stayed with him for about 4 weeks.  When he came home I tried as hard as I could to give him the attention he needed along with taking care of my husband.  We had to make the heart breaking decision to give Rocky up.  I still cry just talking about it.  Tears are flowing.  Anyway, Roy found a home for Rocky with 2 younger boys that just loved him.  I was ok for a couple of days, then started waking up at 3 o'clock in the morning worrying whether he was ok.  Was he just in the back yard with no one playing with him?  Was he too hot out there? We love in Arizona it is already getting hot.  We had ribs for dinner, as I was throwing the bones out I thought " I hope they know not to give him bones. ".  I prayed he wasn't too much for them and ended up at the Shelter. This went on for about a

week.  I sent Roy a text and asked for an update on Rocky. Sure enough they had returned Rocky to him.  They had got him for their elderly mother.  I know he would be too much puppy for an older person.  I am one and he was a handful for me.  So Roy has a neighbor, a Veteran who worked with dogs in the military, all over the world.  He fell in love with Rocky!  Who wouldnt?  Rocky took to him also.  So Rocky is training to be his Service Dog and doing grea!  He went to the doctor with his new dad and d I d great.  I am so happy and now feel comfortable that my boy is being taken care of.  I still feel guilty that I failed as his mom and miss him like crazy.  🐾💔💖  Roy is going to try and get some pictures of him and send them to me!  

Nancy, thank you for sharing Rocky with us.  I hope your husband is doing better.  I know how quickly these dogs can get into our hearts and souls.  And, how we can question everything that we do for them. 

I know that you want the very best for Rocky and you need to trust your good decisions and your instincts.  They are what pulls us through some of the most difficult decisions of our lives.  

We love you and know that before long you will find the peace that you need within yourself about the choices that you made for Rocky's life.  No one knows you better than you.  

• Like 1

Roz, I am just so proud of him and guess day of those training classes I took him too and the one he went and stayed out taught him to be a great boy.  I am proud that he will be able to help this Veteran and walk by his side just like your wonderful furkids have done for all of you.  He will make the best Service Dog and friend this man can have. 🐾💗

7 hours ago, S.S. Cruisers said:

Good mornin all,

I am so very glad this had a happy ending, it has to make you feel so much better about Rocky being with that veteran and Rocky will love working.  

I sure hope your husband is doing better.

Linda and Halo

I want to wish all of you a good weekend.  Today is a difficult day for me and for Horty.  We had to have the Mobile Vet again and see Horton because he's not eating and throwing up with diarrhea.  It's so difficult to watch this beautiful being feeling so badly.  He had about a week of feeling good and even being playful.  We went for walks, rides and it was pure joy to watch him feeling so well.  Then, the symptoms he was having weeks ago came back with a vengeance.  

I called the Vet and he came over.  He feels Horton is having prostate and adrenal gland issues, [Cushing disease] along with his sluggish thyroid. These can be very complicated at Horton's age, he gave me a few choices.  Hospitalization [to do some more investigative diagnosing], comfort med's and hope that we can keep Horty going for more time or euthanasia.  Tough, really tough choices.  He said that hospitalization will be difficult because a lot of the pet hospitals are not allowing human visitation and it can be frightening with all the noise and being alone. Horton has been trained to be sensitive to noise and this choice would not be a good one for him and even if they found cancer, surgery would not be an option at his age!  

He gave Horton I.V. fluids, pain shot, vitamin shot and hopefully these will give him the energy he needs to continue and take away any pain.  He wants me to call him on Monday and we'll talk some more.

We've all been in this position before......thank you for letting me share this with you.  I will share your love and well wishes with my boy! ❣️

1 hour ago, wizard-of-roz said:

I want to wish all of you a good weekend.  Today is a difficult day for me and for Horty.  We had to have the Mobile Vet again and see Horton because he's not eating and throwing up with diarrhea.  It's so difficult to watch this beautiful being feeling so badly.  He had about a week of feeling good and even being playful.  We went for walks, rides and it was pure joy to watch him feeling so well.  Then, the symptoms he was having weeks ago came back with a vengeance.  

I called the Vet and he came over.  He feels Horton is having prostate and adrenal gland issues, [Cushing disease] along with his sluggish thyroid. These can be very complicated at Horton's age, he gave me a few choices.  Hospitalization [to do some more investigative diagnosing], comfort med's and hope that we can keep Horty going for more time or euthanasia.  Tough, really tough choices.  He said that hospitalization will be difficult because a lot of the pet hospitals are not allowing human visitation and it can be frightening with all the noise and being alone. Horton has been trained to be sensitive to noise and this choice would not be a good one for him and even if they found cancer, surgery would not be an option at his age!  

He gave Horton I.V. fluids, pain shot, vitamin shot and hopefully these will give him the energy he needs to continue and take away any pain.  He wants me to call him on Monday and we'll talk some more.

We've all been in this position before......thank you for letting me share this with you.  I will share your love and well wishes with my boy! ❣️

So sorry Roz - sending prayers for you and Horton. 

13 hours ago, S.S. Cruisers said:

Roz, I am just so proud of him and guess day of those training classes I took him too and the one he went and stayed out taught him to be a great boy.  I am proud that he will be able to help this Veteran and walk by his side just like your wonderful furkids have done for all of you.  He will make the best Service Dog and friend this man can have. 🐾💗

I’m so glad for the happy outcome, Nancy!

As I sit here in tears, again, thank you all for understanding my situation. 

Linda hubby is better, not well.  We head into each day the best we can.  I believe he had the Covid back in January.  He will not leave the house to get tested, so we just have to wonder at this point. 

Roz, I can barely see the keyboard.  I know that no words can ease the pain you and Horty are going thru.  All I can b

do is send hugs and love to you both.  The decision you ultimately make will be backed by me a gazillion %.  

I love you bunches. 🐾💖💔💕