lunch in dining room?

Dining room is open only on sea days, not when we are in port, for lunch. Just about everything on the smaller ships is closed at ports. So buffet or room service is it.

Until they serve me at the buffet, I do not go there.

Dining room is open only on sea days, not when we are in port, for lunch. Just about everything on the smaller ships is closed at ports. So buffet or room service is it.

Until they serve me at the buffet, I do not go there.

So when the dining room IS open at lunch, what does the menu typically offer?

The lunch menu stays the same for each day that the dining room is open for lunch. They have one or two specials, that change each day, and they are clipped onto the menu as additions to the fixed menu.

Hypo

So when the dining room IS open at lunch, what does the menu typically offer?

Can't remember everything, but for example: I usually eat sandwiches :rolleyes: I'm sure they had other menu items.

Burgers

French Dip

Philly Steak

Club Sandwich

Soup/Salad

Had a really good deep fried portobello/dip appetizer one day.

On Mariner, they had the best pasta. There was a white wine sauce and you could add what you wanted. I added onions, garlic and ham. It was to die for. There was also a red sauce that you could add to if you wanted. Each day the style of pasta changed, but the sauces remained the same.

Also, one day I ordered a lunch steak on foccacia bread. The bread was so tough, I couldn't even cut thru it with a steak knife. It was awful. As mentioned they do serve the same things every day, but have a special daily. That's usually posted where you walk into the dining room.

The restaurant is open on sea days, with the exception of the day we went to Coco Cay. That day the buffet is closed but the restaurant is open.

I'm not a buffet person either, but if we are going off the ship, I don't mind hitting the buffet as it is quicker and easier than going to the dining room.

We have also gone to the Promenade café for sandwiches at lunch on port days. They have the best sandwiches, cookies, and pastries. You can also get pizza there.

Enjoy Mariner as she is a wonderful ship. We can't wait until we board again.

We, too, enjoyed the dining room for several lunches. (When at the pool, Windjammer was more convenient, since you only needed a cover-up over your suit to grab something to eat!)

I like being waited on, as well! And tho it may take a few minutes longer than the buffet--what else do you have to do??? Vacation quicker??

I also enjoy lunch in the dining room. The salmon ceasar salad is WONDERFUL. I've also tried the pasta dishes and some other things..all were very tasty. I think the menu stays the same every day, but with a couple of daily "specials"

I much preferred the dining room. I hate buffets and chaos, so the Windjammer wasn't my cup of tea.

As previous posters mentioned, the menu stays the same all week, but they have specials. I agree with the poster that mentioned how good the pasta was. My daughter got the white wine sauce one day, and it was great.

I know they had a buffalo chicken sandwich, burger, and steak fajitas. The fajitas were awesome - frankly one of my favorite meals all week.

Have fun!

Archived