Cardio and weight equipment on Sapphire Princess?

Hi, all! I have managed to lose about 30 pounds since last November. We are cruising in Alaska in August on the Sapphire and I was wondering if someone could give me details about what sort of equipment is available in the gym/spa. I don't want to gain TOO much back!

Hi,

I went on the Sapphire Princess in it's first year and enjoyed the gym very much. They have many treadmills, which were wonderful, but my equalibriam could not take it. I kept losing my balance jogging on the treadmill and looking at the sea passing by, so I went with the recumbant bicycles, which was perfect for me. Unfortunately, there were only 2 bikes, so if they were taken, I had to wait. I did an hour of cardio every day to lesson my guilt and it was perfect. Try to time it so that you're there in the off peak hours and you will be fine. I usually found that 2-4 worked best, but it could vary.

I tried to AVOID the buffet at all costs and worked out every single day and I was fine. I find that I usually eat 4-6 times more at the buffet than if I order from a menu. Plus the food at the buffet is not as good as the restaurants on board (especially the desserts) so eating at the buffet is wasted calories. It's like that book "French Women Don't Get Fat", if I eat amazing food, I eat much more slowly because I want to savor every bite and I find that I don't need very much of it to be satisfied.

Good luck and have a great time!

Archived