Goldbelt tours in Juneau to Tracy Arm?

cruzingduo

We are on the 7:00 a.m. Carnival Spirit arrival on 15 Aug 2007. We booked the 9:00 a.m. departure at Juneau's Best Tours. Here is a link to the tour and at the bottom it gives both departures. http://www.juneausbestours.com/pages/tracyarm.html

This looks like a great bargain as it lets you spend an entire day in the Alaskan wilds versus a crowded day in Juneau. We opted for this as we are scenery folks. As for lunch, the lady booking the tour said we could bring our own lunch and drinks if we wanted. We are going to order room service on the ship the night before and put our lunch in ziplocks to take with us. What is the toilet secret we need to be aware of that others mentioned or is better experienced than explained???

Awwww... from the link, it seems as though you won't be sailing on the actual Adventure Bound as she sails an hour earlier. And her toilet IS better experienced than explained!!!:)

No matter, you will have a FABULOUS cruise even without the garden hose... and I am still green with envy for those of you who have this excursion booked.

My family enjoyed the lunch offered on board, just as Coral described.

They did have a Tracy Arm book for sale when we sailed. I did not purchase it that year. I saw it in a bookstore last year, and still declined to buy it. This year... that book really called my name when I found it while browsing on Mt.Roberts, and one now happily resides with all my Alaska brochures. You might take a look at it, if they still offer. The photography is wonderful... priced under $15.

We are on the 7:00 a.m. Carnival Spirit arrival on 15 Aug 2007. We booked the 9:00 a.m. departure at Juneau's Best Tours. Here is a link to the tour and at the bottom it gives both departures. http://www.juneausbestours.com/pages/tracyarm.html

This looks like a great bargain as it lets you spend an entire day in the Alaskan wilds versus a crowded day in Juneau. We opted for this as we are scenery folks. As for lunch, the lady booking the tour said we could bring our own lunch and drinks if we wanted. We are going to order room service on the ship the night before and put our lunch in ziplocks to take with us. What is the toilet secret we need to be aware of that others mentioned or is better experienced than explained???

We just got back and let me tell you..Its a very long day but...WELL WORTH IT...The crew was great and they do have a nice snack bar on board with hand made sandwiches, soup chips candy ,coffee, hot coco and sodas..all very reasonably priced..

If you are leaving on the 9am boat its the captain Cook....We were very comfortable on there...The ice is pretty thick there and the Capt. goes way abouve and beyond to get you close as possible..This tour had everything, humpbacks, orcas, eagles, seals..You name it we saw it!

Archived