Vancouver Airport Customs when Arriving

cruzingduo

We recently got off the Radiance in Vancouver where we went thru customs. We will be flying into Vancouver from the East Coast soon and wonder what we should expect going through customs. We have friends picking us up at the airport and don't want to keep them waiting.

Once we get off the plane how does customs work? We'll be sailing the next day on the Radiance.

Thanks.

We just returned from our NB Radiance Cruise. We arrived in VC very late, about 11pm, so I'm not sure how it would be earlier in the day, but here was our experience:

After getting off of the plane, you walk through a beautiful airport and arrive in the customs area where we were directed to a Customs Officer. She looked at our passports, asked why we were there, stamped them and we were done. You walk a few more feet to the baggage claim and then outside where you can get a taxi. It was very quick and painless. Just beware, when we tried to get a limo, the guy told me $60 when I know from this board that it should have been $47. When I told him that he said well if all the luggage would fit in the trunk, it would be $47, but if some has to go inside then it is $60. Yeah, right. We said no thanks and got a taxi van which fit all four of us and the luggage and charged us $35.

As for the Radiance cruise, it was awesome. The Captain got us about 800 feet from Hubbard Glacier, even tho they had an earthquake there the day before and there was a lot of ice in the water. The weather was spectacular and we had a great time. If you can, eat at either Chops or Portofino or both...there are really worth the $20. Have a great time...

It depends on the time of day you arrive. Any time between about 11 AM and 5 PM the arrivals hall can be a total mob scene, as that's when quite a few wide-body planes arrive from Asia and Europe. I've seen ~1000 people in line for passport control, and lines as long as an hour.

Once through immigration and bag claim (just go through the "green" line - nothing to declare) it's easy.

Just returned from our cruise, flew into Vancouver Friday 6/29, arrived around 3p and cruised through the airport and right back out to a waiting transfer bus to get to our hotel (hyatt).

Too easy if you ask me! HOWEVER.....on the way back home 2 nights ago (sat) arrived at Van. airport around 10 am and by the time we got through everything it took about 2 and 1/2 hours. Customs line was very long, took 45 minutes or so. Always plan about 3 hours. It's safer that way. By the way, first time to Vancouver and I loved it! Not only was I impressed right off the bat with their super clean and pretty airport, I was impressed with the whole city. Gaslamp was really great and Stanley park was awesome.

Have a great cruise!

Archived