NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Does anyone know if Chase has a really good reward Card out.

I have an old Chase card with a high credit limit but it's only 1 point per dollar and comes with a yearly charge.

I think I can roll my account into a new Chase account as long as I know which card/program to ask for. I know I'm not paying any yearly fees!

I've given up on the NCL Worldpoint program. Least amount of rewards for money spent that I've seen out there. Too bad. They sent me a promotion for limited time. 5 points per dollar spent. Now that would be a good deal. So I read the fine print. Only 5 points per dollar up to 625 in purchases during promotion period. FIGURES. Thanks but no thanks NCL! I get up to 4% cash back with Costco AMEX bus card and no purchase limits!!

Procrastinator didn't email the certificate numbers for a final compass rewards until last week. Haven't heard anything from them, and final payment date is next week. Also, had to use the certificate by end of January. Any advice?

What advice are you looking for?

My guess is they are swamped with last minute requests such as yours and mine.

I emailed mine on Monday. My final payment is due tomorrow.

My TA is going to automatically bill me. And i am confident NCL will do the right thing and credit back my account $500 when they get around to it.

Our automated response from them is proof we sent it in prior to the exp date.

good luck

Procrastinator didn't email the certificate numbers for a final compass rewards until last week. Haven't heard anything from them, and final payment date is next week. Also, had to use the certificate by end of January. Any advice?

Resend your original email (so it has the date on it), reiterating when you sent it. When I sent in our first batch last summer and had not heard from them after a week, I resent my original email with an additional note. Not only were my certificates applied within a few days, but I also received an email apologizing for the delay and explaining why it was taking so long. When we sent our last certs after Christmas they were received on a Friday and applied by Monday.

AAAAH! I didn't get an automated response. I sent the email to cashiers@ncl.com. I've sent several more emails. I've gotten no response, not even automated. What am I doing wrong?

Do you have a PCC or are you a Latitudes member? If so, I'd call one of them to check into it. Even if the cashiers do not work weekends, at least then maybe you can email what you've previously sent to them to show that you sent them in on time.

i know this has been discussed here before and people gave different replies.

what is the consensus, does the old cruise reward from the old credit card apply to the entire fare or the fare less the taxes/fees.

i need to cash in my $500 cert before the end of the month, i booked the EPIC and the total fare was $464 ( on a crazy weekend deal).

i don't mind losing the $36 dollars but if they apply it to an amount less than the total , i will be disappointed.

i plan to use it for that or wait a couple weeks and see if i can get a deal on another cruise for end of April.

Originally Posted by lpglarry viewpost.gif

don/t lose your 36 dollar in credits, pre pay the tips,or order a bottle of wine

thanks for the tip!

Did not try the "tip". I booked a second cruise which cost me over the $ 500 and emailed in my cruise reward on Monday. Waiting to hear.

On another note. I mailed in the upgrade certs i had on Monday afternoon. From California to Miami.

On Thursday, i noticed that my cabin was back up for sale. I called my TA and was told that NCL upgraded me. Is it possible that NCL got the certs that fast and applied them?

I didn't like the new location so my TA put me back in my original cabin. So all is good.

Final payment is today so hoping the cruise reward posts during the same Billing Cycle on my card, but not likely. Oh well.

Resend your original email (so it has the date on it), reiterating when you sent it. When I sent in our first batch last summer and had not heard from them after a week, I resent my original email with an additional note. Not only were my certificates applied within a few days, but I also received an email apologizing for the delay and explaining why it was taking so long. When we sent our last certs after Christmas they were received on a Friday and applied by Monday.

My online TA just emailed me that my $1000 was not applied (they are SOOO good) and I forwarded my original email with a cc to kevin sheehan asking why I was being treated like a nobody after 4 NCL cruises with a family of 6 (we always needed 3 rooms)..... hopefully SOMEBODY cares!

I'm missing something here...when I log into my world points account I am able to redeem the points for a cash transfer to my account for the same value as obc? Why go through the hassle of the obc accouting and posting issues? Are there extra perks I'm not seeing?

Thanks

I'm missing something here...when I log into my world points account I am able to redeem the points for a cash transfer to my account for the same value as obc? Why go through the hassle of the obc accouting and posting issues? Are there extra perks I'm not seeing?

Thanks

I believe most of us are talking about the old Compass Rewards program that was discontinued.

I booked my cruise this week for October. I have emailed them twice over the last two days. I have not recieved an automated response to either email. I am going to call Latitudes today and ask them per the suggestion by alwayssingin. I will post later the results of that phone call.

I called NCL. They told me that it takes 3 to 5 days to process the certificates. The rep I spoke to knew nothing about any automated responses. She said they should process my request next week and I should be OK. I hope so. I have two $500 certificates. I suspect there are a number of people like me who waited until the last minute to book.

i know this has been discussed here before and people gave different replies.

what is the consensus, does the old cruise reward from the old credit card apply to the entire fare or the fare less the taxes/fees.

i need to cash in my $500 cert before the end of the month, i booked the EPIC and the total fare was $464 ( on a crazy weekend deal).

i don't mind losing the $36 dollars but if they apply it to an amount less than the total , i will be disappointed.

i plan to use it for that or wait a couple weeks and see if i can get a deal on another cruise for end of April.

For me, the old cruise reward from the old credit card applied to the entire fare INCLUDING taxes/fees. I had a $470 total cabin cost including everything, cruise fare was only $320 or so. After the credit was applied, I had a zero balance due.

Also, for my upcoming cruise, the credit covered the whole amount, including $171.18 worth of taxes/fees.

Well, I'm getting a little nervous here. No response from cashiers@ncl, and final payment is due tomorrow. NCL rep gave wonderful advice: "Just pay the entire amount, and when (IF) the compass reward is applied, NCL will refund your credit card." And I can just imagine the run around I'll be in for if cashiers@ncl.com NEVER responds. Has anyone else heard from them?

Well, I'm getting a little nervous here. No response from cashiers@ncl, and final payment is due tomorrow. NCL rep gave wonderful advice: "Just pay the entire amount, and when (IF) the compass reward is applied, NCL will refund your credit card." And I can just imagine the run around I'll be in for if cashiers@ncl.com NEVER responds. Has anyone else heard from them?

Still waiting...and keeping the faith.

For me, the old cruise reward from the old credit card applied to the entire fare INCLUDING taxes/fees. I had a $470 total cabin cost including everything, cruise fare was only $320 or so. After the credit was applied, I had a zero balance due.

Also, for my upcoming cruise, the credit covered the whole amount, including $171.18 worth of taxes/fees.

thanks for the response

Last minute too.........I emailed them last Tuesday with my FC #'s for a March Cruise that I booked on that day and had to pay in full when I booked it. I did get an automated response from them on Wednesday saying it would take up to 5 business days. Today would make the 5th day, and I haven't heard from them yet. I'm expecting them to credit my NCL credit card that I used to book the cruise, and have been checking that account and do not see the credit yet. I'll post when I hear from them.

I also waited until the last minute. I emailed cashiers@ncl on January 27th at night. I received the response below. I still have 2 business days to wait. I'll post when I hear something

Thank you for contacting NCL on your Compass Rewards. Please allow up to 5 business days for a response.

Norwegian Cruise Line®

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

Freestyle Cruising®

ncl.com

><((((º>`•.¸¸´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><(((º>

Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended only for the person addressed. It may contain confidential information and/or

privileged material. If you receive this in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the information

from your computer. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person.

How did you get the confirmation?

MKAD hasn't been back to respond to my question.

I called NCL but they said to call my TA. So i did. They received the cruise reward and are just working out the details as to how much i get back and some commission stuff they need to work out with NCL.

But now i am paid in full before getting billed my Final payment...between my paid deposit and the cruise reward, i will be getting a refund.

So fun to cruise for $140 for 7 days.

Now i can afford to put a deposit on the December cruise i was thinking of taking.

Hope everyone else got theirs applied by now.

Hey everyone - my days of compass rewards are over. We're just back from our last free cruise. :(

I wanted to let everyone know that I had no problems using the new points program along with the old certs. In a year with the new program, we had enough for $150 in OBC.

I'll miss the good ole days! Happy Sailing for everyone who just booked with the last certs!

I called NCL. They told me that it takes 3 to 5 days to process the certificates. The rep I spoke to knew nothing about any automated responses. She said they should process my request next week and I should be OK. I hope so. I have two $500 certificates. I suspect there are a number of people like me who waited until the last minute to book.

After a full week of waiting I emailed NCL and asked for a confirmation that they recieved my request. I got a response that the certificates had been applied and that they would be sending a confirmation email soon. (Well, isn't that what they just did?) Anyway, looks like they applied my certs and I am set for Oct.

I was under the impression that I had to book before January 31, 2010 but could redeem before final payment was due.

I just picked up my certs... $1000 worth and they are expired. I may have to cancel our NCL Jade Cruise out of Barcelona this summer as I don't think I can afford it without the $1000. Can someone suggest a cheaper line?

Any advice?

Thanks,