NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

How quickly should I expect to see my Onboard Credits show up in NCl with my reservation after I "cashed in" my WorldPoints?

My experience has been that it is almost immediate. They will also send you a confirmation by email which is also immediately.

I want to use some of my points to upgrade from a OV to Balcony. Can I do the lowest rate OV that's a GTY? I don't really care about the promotion of picking 2 of the perks like the drink package or dining. I'm looking at an 11 day r/t NY Caribbean in Oct.

Points can have a huge value if used correct.

I am still on vacation and I just used 60000 points and I saved $5000+

Yes 5 grand from inside to Balcony.

I have a South America cruise coming up that I will save almost 6 grand from inside to Balcony

Steve

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Forums mobile app

I have a somewhat embarrassing question, but has anyone received an unreasonably low credit limit on their NCL mastercard?

My husband is in construction, so we had a tough time during the recession. But the year our youngest child left home, we refinanced our house and paid off all but one Parent Plus Loan.

A few months later, we started applying for affinity credit cards. Costco and Amazon gave us decent credit limits - and within a few months gave automatic increases to $12k and $6k. The two B of A cards - Alaska Airlines and NCL - had the lowest credit limits, of $2k and $1k. The ironic part is we've been with Bank of America literally since birth.

I've tried to upgrade the NCL card a couple times and was turned down. But now the recession hits are beginning to age off our credit. Our credit score, depending on which consumer site you check, is between 740 and 755, with income well above $100K.

Just wondering if this is unusual, and if I should build up the courage to try again? Also, has anyone had an automatic credit limit increase on the NCL card?

I'm about to book a cruise for my brother and his wife and my mom and me. It is very frustrating having to pay the travel agent $950, wait until that clears, make another payments, etc.

Thanks.

We have the two B of A cards like you -- NCL and Alaska Airlines. We have healthy credit limits on both -- $18K and $14K. I always pay off the balance every month.

We got the Alaska card primarily for the companion fare and are using it to fly to Seattle for an Alaska cruise on NCL next month. We also have family in Oregon and fly up there occasionally to visit them.

We have the two B of A cards like you -- NCL and Alaska Airlines. We have healthy credit limits on both -- $18K and $14K. I always pay off the balance every month.

We got the Alaska card primarily for the companion fare and are using it to fly to Seattle for an Alaska cruise on NCL next month. We also have family in Oregon and fly up there occasionally to visit them.

We are booked on the same cruise! Are you coming to the meet-and-greet? (Please don't tell my husband I posted this question, LOL.)

Hello, What is the phone number to call to get the Double Meta upgrade? I called a number but I

am getting run around. Thanks!

I called a PCC at Norwegian to book the cruise initially, and then that person transferred me to the World Points rep who handled the double meta upgrade. It was all in one call.

Have you called World Points at 1-866-954-4077? That's the only number I have.

We are booked on the same cruise! Are you coming to the meet-and-greet? (Please don't tell my husband I posted this question, LOL.)

Yes, I will be at the Meet & Greet. Not sure about my wife. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Points can have a huge value if used correct.

I am still on vacation and I just used 60000 points and I saved $5000+

Yes 5 grand from inside to Balcony.

I have a South America cruise coming up that I will save almost 6 grand from inside to Balcony

Steve

what cruise is costs $5000 more for balcony than inside???

Edited by fstuff1

We are on the ESCAPE tomorrow if we sign up for the card, will we get onboard credit for the cruise?

you will get $25 obc on top of the normal $100 obc promo on first purchase. (this was while i was on Gem in nov 2017. i assume info still valid.)

you get the $25 for use during your cruise.

i dont think u get the $100 obc even if you charged already because the charge wont process till next month's billing cycle.

that $100 will be for the next cruise

Edited by fstuff1

I just got off the 40 night sailing of the Jewel.

I also have the b2b south America ending in Miami cruise booked as well and that is 30 days I think.

Steve

i did not know ncl had 40day cruises.

double meta upgrade is only good for 1 leg of that b2b, right? since it's 2 cruises?

i did not know ncl had 40day cruises.

double meta upgrade is only good for 1 leg of that b2b, right? since it's 2 cruises?

No. As long as you get a single booking number it is good for all legs. The 40 night Asia cruise was a b2b2b so three combined into one.

double meta upgrade (inside to balcony) is 60k points.

is the upgrade for both people in the inside cabin?

and can you choose your balcony room? (ie: angled balcony on Breakaway/Getaway)

Yes for both.

I would suggest you book the balcony cabin you want and then call the rewards number and have it repriced using the points. You won’t necessarily end up paying the lowest inside price as that would put you in the lowest balcony category which I suspect the angled balconies are not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called a PCC at Norwegian to book the cruise initially, and then that person transferred me to the World Points rep who handled the double meta upgrade. It was all in one call.

Have you called World Points at 1-866-954-4077? That's the only number I have.

Hello...called that Number and we got upgraded to a balcony from inside. Saved us just about 3300.00!!! Whoo hoo. Going to Alaska July 7th! Now to get those points back up for a Hawaii cruise in a couple years :)

No. As long as you get a single booking number it is good for all legs. The 40 night Asia cruise was a b2b2b so three combined into one.

:o:o:o:o:o

you are a bawler!! :cool:

Now i need to figure out how to charge $60k worth of stuff to the ncl credit card

Yes for both.

I would suggest you book the balcony cabin you want and then call the rewards number and have it repriced using the points. You won’t necessarily end up paying the lowest inside price as that would put you in the lowest balcony category which I suspect the angled balconies are not?

thx.

dumb question:

what if im going solo? (ie: no solo supplement)

is the double meta still 60k points or does it go down to 30k points since it's just 1 person?

:o:o:o:o:o

you are a bawler!! :cool:

Now i need to figure out how to charge $60k worth of stuff to the ncl credit card

We lucked out and got half or more of them with initial signup and I was traveling for work so used it exclusively to build ours up.

Maybe renovate your house?

We lucked out and got half or more of them with initial signup and I was traveling for work so used it exclusively to build ours up.

30k points with initial signup?

how long ago was this?