NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

Just now, BSR said:

Was this recently?  Do you just call WP to get them returned to your account?

Yes and yes.  I believe I read somewhere that you should do this before you cancel, especially if it is after final payment.  Mine was after final payment but in the midst of changing cruises due to NCL changes/cancellations on my original cruise, so I don't know if that matters.

1 minute ago, julig22 said:

Yes and yes.  I believe I read somewhere that you should do this before you cancel, especially if it is after final payment.  Mine was after final payment but in the midst of changing cruises due to NCL changes/cancellations on my original cruise, so I don't know if that matters.

Thanks.   After final payment I would be committed to going on the cruise.  I don't want to commit my 60k points to a cruise over a year away and decide in couple months not to go.

On 2/17/2020 at 6:48 AM, Clay Clayton said:

Last time I checked, the aft balconies weren’t included in the Categories to which a meta double cross upgrade was allowed. That could have changed of course. 

thought someone in this thread said they've done an aft balcony with the 60k points?

maybe it was b6 (Large balcony)

Edited by fstuff1

On 2/17/2020 at 10:15 PM, BSR said:

Thanks.   After final payment I would be committed to going on the cruise.  I don't want to commit my 60k points to a cruise over a year away and decide in couple months not to go.

I read (probably in this thread) about someone who waited to do the upgrade and they told none where available for their sailing. The responses stated that they should have upgraded sooner as there are limited number of upgrade per sailing.  Not sure if this is true, but wanted to pass this along to those who are thinking of waiting  to upgrade.

1 hour ago, 20YearsBetweenCruises said:

I read (probably in this thread) about someone who waited to do the upgrade and they told none where available for their sailing. The responses stated that they should have upgraded sooner as there are limited number of upgrade per sailing.  Not sure if this is true, but wanted to pass this along to those who are thinking of waiting  to upgrade.

I read that too.  I just don't want to commit my 60k points to a cruise 1 year away and not go and not get back the points.   

6 hours ago, 20YearsBetweenCruises said:

I might have posted my experience in this thread, so I don't know if you might be referring to what happened to me.  They didn't tell me I should have upgraded earlier and I did get my upgrade, but I was left with the impression that there are limited rooms.  I was probably 6 months out when I realized I could use my points and called to verify before I rebooked my reservation, planning to upgrade back to my current status.  They said sure, no problem, so I rebooked but when I called back a few hours later they said nothing available.  I called foul on that, they tried to tell me they hadn't said any such thing (other guy in the office backed my story) so they magically made it happen.  So fair warning, and as with anything NCL, if the first person says no, the second just might do as you ask.

• 1 month later...

I just finished a call with an NCL Worldpoints rep. I called a few weeks ago to find out what to do if my cruise was cancelled. I was told to call to request the return of the 60,000 points I used to upgrade. I just got the email that the cruise was cancelled and called to make the request.  The answer was that while you are ABLE to get the points back, because all of the agents are working from home they do not have the security set up to access the bank system. "Call again when you see life getting back to normal and people are returning to their offices". Considering that they are in Florida, this could be a long wait!  The good news is, the points will eventually be returned.

2 minutes ago, Zippeedee said:

I just finished a call with an NCL Worldpoints rep. I called a few weeks ago to find out what to do if my cruise was cancelled. I was told to call to request the return of the 60,000 points I used to upgrade. I just got the email that the cruise was cancelled and called to make the request.  The answer was that while you are ABLE to get the points back, because all of the agents are working from home they do not have the security set up to access the bank system. "Call again when you see life getting back to normal and people are returning to their offices". Considering that they are in Florida, this could be a long wait!  The good news is, the points will eventually be returned.

My March cruise was cancelled and I was able to get the points refunded back into my account right away.  Not sure at that time if they were working from home or not.

2 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

That is the exact same thing they told me.  Well, I sort of want my points back now as I have booked multiple cruises. But I understand.

Steve

• Like 2

On 2/19/2020 at 7:59 AM, 20YearsBetweenCruises said:

That is very true, but the best way to be safe is to always book the highest category especially if doing a double meta. IA gets you a BA, and cost is so small. If no BAs are available, you can look for a BB or BC or lower but still get the Balcony.

I always book and then redeem an hour later. Another issue that I am concerned about is when you do B2B. They may not have any as you need the same cabin for both cruises.

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

I know you are an expert on WP, I still haven't really found out if I use 60K points for a double meta upgrade and decide not to take the cruise (my choice), do you get your points back?  I asked an agent awhile ago and she really didn't give me a straight answer.  Do you know for sure if you can get the points back?  

11 hours ago, BSR said:

Hi Steve,

I know you are an expert on WP, I still haven't really found out if I use 60K points for a double meta upgrade and decide not to take the cruise (my choice), do you get your points back?  I asked an agent awhile ago and she really didn't give me a straight answer.  Do you know for sure if you can get the points back?  

Let me say that I always have gotten my points back.  When I have canceled or changed a cruise, even to cancel and rebook the same cruise, I always call NCL and ask for someone in world points. Now I have always been out of penalty time frame.

Always talk with world points. When they refund your points you get an email, which is only a matter of minutes.

Steve

On 3/30/2020 at 3:04 PM, Zippeedee said:

I just called our PCC today and canceled our cruise on the Sun for August 2020 (before final payment on 4/15) and then called World Points to request that our 60k points for a double meta upgrade be re-applied to our account. I was also told that due to their working from home they couldn't process my request right now but to call back in 3-4 weeks.  So I will just wait and call back. Not planning to re-book a cruise anytime soon.

13 minutes ago, hawk1972 said:

I just called our PCC today and canceled our cruise on the Sun for August 2020 (before final payment on 4/15) and then called World Points to request that our 60k points for a double meta upgrade be re-applied to our account. I was also told that due to their working from home they couldn't process my request right now but to call back in 3-4 weeks.  So I will just wait and call back. Not planning to re-book a cruise anytime soon.

Sounds like they will apply them back into your account.  That is good to know.  

1 minute ago, BSR said:

Hi Steve,

Not sure what you mean by 100% or 125%?  Are you talking about points?

Yes I was being funny as many of us have had our cruises cancelled and were offered 100% refund or 125% future cruise credit.

So do we get the same offer with our points?I know its a no.

Steve

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Yes I was being funny as many of us have had our cruises cancelled and were offered 100% refund or 125% future cruise credit.

So do we get the same offer with our points?I know its a no.

Steve

Got it.😊  I also had my cruise canceled and got the points refunded back to my account.  It was not for a double meta upgrade as I haven't done this yet.  I kept trying to get an answer if I was to cancel (before final payment) if I get the points back.  So sounds like I will be able to.

Booked a cruise last Friday.  Was going to use a meta upgrade to go from ocean view to balcony.  Called yesterday and was told because they are working from home, they cannot do upgrades.  The young lady said that they don't have access to their portal to the Bank of America system.  Just a FYI for anyone who sees this.  She suggested I call back around June.

1 hour ago, vince_g said:

Booked a cruise last Friday.  Was going to use a meta upgrade to go from ocean view to balcony.  Called yesterday and was told because they are working from home, they cannot do upgrades.  The young lady said that they don't have access to their portal to the Bank of America system.  Just a FYI for anyone who sees this.  She suggested I call back around June.

Thanks for letting us know.