Another First Timer on Caribbean Princess

DawnSfromNJ

When I take my Princess cruise next summer, I will have only sailed Royal Caribbean - they were ok but, didn't really care for the food. We were on Mariner of the Seas

And, my cruise this year is on NCL, still thinking about that one, not getting the best vibe over on that board. And, not thrilled with the reviews but, at this late date I'm not sure we'll get anything else decent.

So, What special features can I expect on Caribbean Princess? I'll be taking a 9 night cruise out of NY to the Caribbean in July. Traveling with my sister and her two kids and, our Mom. My sister is in a triple and my and I are in a double. We booked mini-suites and already know about the overhang from the upper decks situation.

Also I read that Caribbean Princess doesn't have an indoor pool. Kinda bummed out about that one, in case of rain it's nice to have that shelter.

Anything else I should know. And what's this seafood buffet I keep reading about - sounds wonderful!

I haven't been on the CB but last summer our ship (Carnival Glory) was docked at the same time in 2 ports. I thought the Glory was big but WOW, the CB is really big. I spoke with a few of the passengers in port and they had nothing but great things to say about the ship. It looked like everyone was having a blast on their balconies day & night. I think you will be very happy with CB. As far as an indoor pool, in that heat and humidity I don't think you would want an indoor pool. Have a great cruise!

We just sailed on CB in May. It was great. We liked it because it was very relaxing. The seafood buffet is good. We would go as soon as it opened for a "metabolism boost" and then eat a late dinner (we had anytime dinning). We've been on carnival and rccl and think that princess far and away had the best buffet (in general for all meals).

I will say, I saw far less kids on the princess cruise than when I went with RCCL last year (exact same week in May).

We just sailed on CB in May. It was great. We liked it because it was very relaxing. The seafood buffet is good. We would go as soon as it opened for a "metabolism boost" and then eat a late dinner (we had anytime dinning). We've been on carnival and rccl and think that princess far and away had the best buffet (in general for all meals).

I will say, I saw far less kids on the princess cruise than when I went with RCCL last year (exact same week in May).

While the CB is a huge ship, I never felt it to be overwhelming or crowded.

The seafood buffet was the first night of our CB cruise last Feb. in the Caribe Cafe. It had mountains of lobster claws, shrimp, and crab legs. the shrimp were smallish and not terribly impressive but the lobster claws made up for it. It is a site to behold. We too snacked on it and then were not too hungry for our late seating dinner but who could resist?

Elizabeth

Hi! While I can't comment on the seafood buffet (I don't like seafood), my husband loved it. We especially loved the personal choice dining option we had. We loved the pools, you won't miss the 'indoor' pool at all, seriously. CB is (so far) our favorite ship!

Hey Ethel5 - I also live in Temple Terrace, FL, over by Riverhills Elementary. Would love to be able to get in touch and chat about cruises! mrsrocster at yahoo dot com

Michelle

Anything else I should know. And what's this seafood buffet I keep reading about - sounds wonderful!

If you like seafood, this is the ship to go on. Besides the lobster tails and crab legs in the dining rooms, there was 2 nights of seafood buffet on our 7 day Eastern Caribbean. On your 9 day one, you might get more.

One Tip: Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe alternate buffet times. Even when Cafe Caribe is not open, always go there to find a table. It is never crowded whereas it can sometimes be hard to find a table in Horizon Court.

Enjoy your cruise!

The Seafood Buffet the first night is great...it was one of the few times we have skipped the dining room. The first day can be tiring with so we enjoyed the relaxing buffet after hitting the sailaway festivities!

When I take my Princess cruise next summer, I will have only sailed Royal Caribbean - they were ok but, didn't really care for the food. We were on Mariner of the Seas

And, my cruise this year is on NCL, still thinking about that one, not getting the best vibe over on that board. And, not thrilled with the reviews but, at this late date I'm not sure we'll get anything else decent.

So, What special features can I expect on Caribbean Princess? I'll be taking a 9 night cruise out of NY to the Caribbean in July. Traveling with my sister and her two kids and, our Mom. My sister is in a triple and my and I are in a double. We booked mini-suites and already know about the overhang from the upper decks situation.

Also I read that Caribbean Princess doesn't have an indoor pool. Kinda bummed out about that one, in case of rain it's nice to have that shelter.

you'll also love the freshwater pools. Check my site about the Caribbean Princess. The link is in my signature.

Bill

Archived