gauchos

I purchased a pair of black gouchos for my upcoming September New England cruise. I'm hoping to dress them up....and down with various tops. My dilemma is what shoes look best. I was considering a plain black pump for "dressing up" but not certain what to wear for a more casual look. Also, should I wear hose?? .....................Mary:confused:

Espadrilles would be cute, as would wedges, sandals or closed toe.

If you wanted to really dress them up, assuming they are a fabric that lends itself that way like a good quality matte jersey, I would wear strappy high heeled sandals and a blingy top or sweater. If you prefer to wear hose, then I would wear a very sheer pair in a tone to match gauchos to shoes and wear a dressy evening pump.

I purchased a pair of black gouchos for my upcoming September New England cruise. I'm hoping to dress them up....and down with various tops. My dilemma is what shoes look best. I was considering a plain black pump for "dressing up" but not certain what to wear for a more casual look. Also, should I wear hose?? .....................Mary:confused:

I vote for no hose, and a cute shoe with either a dressy (higher) heel, or a cute wedge. Gauchos (however the heck you spell it) were not made for me, but I agree with the previous poster - a blingy top and some espadrilles.

Fashion is hard to spell! lol

That will teach me to proofread:rolleyes: ..............thanks for the suggestions.............Mary

I just wanted to be sure you knew I was poking at myself and not you regarding spelling. I always found myself to be a good speller until I got onto these boards! lol

For casual, espadrilles with a casual top would look well. For this look, no hose. Bare legs.

For a dressier look, high heels (pumps - closed or peep toe) with a dressier top would be pretty. For this look hose or no hose is your choice and depends on the overall look your going for and if you like the way your bare legs look.

However, I don't agree with the suggestion for a blingy top with espadrilles. I think they would look like they are parts of two different outfits.

That will teach me to proofread:rolleyes: ..............thanks for the suggestions.............Mary

I fixed it for you!!.. not to correct you personally, but so y ou might even get more responses.. hey, my typing sometimes read like chinese or some unknown language:eek:

Hi:) I just received 2 sets from Talbots (ordered them on line ON SALE:D )

I am wearing one today to work. They feel great on....matte jersey

in black..have a pair of black "Italian Shoemakers" sandals on with

a new raspberry top .....this pair can be dressed up or down.

I liked the way I looked in the mirror this morning;)

The other pair is navy, a knit as well but not dressy....very cute

and casual.

I completely agree with the heeled strappy sandal in black to go with the dressier look. When I moved to the beach I promised myself never to wear hose again. So far, 3 years and I have not broken my promise LOL. Target was showing some adorable peep toe, high wedge fabric shoes in black. A friend of mine just got a pair of patent leather peep toe wedges in black at Kohls. Take a look around you will find something perfect.

I fixed it for you!!.. not to correct you personally, but so y ou might even get more responses.. hey, my typing sometimes read like chinese or some unknown language:eek:

Thanks so much..........I didn't know how:confused: ...........Mary

Hi:) I just received 2 sets from Talbots (ordered them on line ON SALE:D )

I am wearing one today to work. They feel great on....matte jersey

in black..have a pair of black "Italian Shoemakers" sandals on with

a new raspberry top .....this pair can be dressed up or down.

I liked the way I looked in the mirror this morning;)

The other pair is navy, a knit as well but not dressy....very cute

and casual.

The pair I bought are the Talbots black matte jersey...........on sale, of course. One top I was thinking of wearing is a raspberry colored dressy sweater with "rhinestone" buttons. Now I need to do some serious shoe shopping..............Mary

Archived