Question don't have answer...Debit Cards

We have a set of newbies traveling with us and the question was do they accept debit cards to settle the seapass account???? I use credit card so didn't know.

Answers please!

Lou

RCCL does accept debit cards. We us our debit cart all the time and never had a problem. Just keep track of your receipts.

Cathy and Mike

If they use their debit card, just make sure they talk to their bank before they leave.

Many banks have a daily limit on charges...ie like say 500.00 a day for debits. Now I am not saying they would use this, but say RCI holds an amount.....then they do some shopping..they might run into a problem for that day. A simple phone call to their bank could prevent any issues.

It's also a good idea anyway to let them know you are out of the country to prevent a security alert from locking your card ...credit card or debit card !

They do accept them, but I believe they put a hold on it or a limit so we just take cash out and give it to them instead. We asked them about using our debit card and they informed us that they put a $500 hold on it or something so we opted to not use it. That's just our experience though, it could be different.

Laura

Archived