Verandah or Large ocean view ??

Travelbug 2

We are considering a Baltic cruise including Russia for end of Aug / Sept' 2005. ( Westerdam )

Can I pick the brains of all you great veteran cruisers by asking ----- would it be worth the extra $ for a verandah cabin ( not a suite ) as opposed to a large oceanview at that time of year? I am not sure about the weather as it seems to be towards the end of the season for that area, would we get to use the verandah much? Also which side of the ship is better for a verandah if any?

Thanks.

Happy cruising.

A few years back we sailed on the Amsterdam in a mini suite on a Baltic cruise. When all was said and done, I would have preferred an inside cabin and taken another cruise on the financial difference between the two. As it relates to the Westerdam, balcony cabins are plentiful and the premium is not too steep. If your intinerary includes Sweeden and or Norway, you will love having a balcony. I usually prefer a port side view.

We were in the Baltic for two weeks in Aug. of 2002 and the weather was great - blue skies and sunny everyday except for overcast and a bit of drizzle in Copenhagen.

A balcony gives you a huge picture window and brightens the cabin. Plus you can step outside to see what's going on and check the weather. And you never have to worry about chair hogs when you have your own balcony!

Great spot for a private room-service breakfast, lunch or dinner in privacy, too.

Some spectacular scenery sailing in and out of Stockholm and Oslo, as I recall.

I have to agree with the other posters, a balcony is a must on this itinerary! The Stockholm Archipelago is one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen, and to be able to sit out on the balcony while it passed by was one of the highlights of our Baltic trip. :D In fact I loved it so much that my DH and I are going to take a Baltic cruise next year, as I have been to the Baltic and he has not. We are in a veranda room!:cool:

We are considering a Baltic cruise including Russia for end of Aug / Sept' 2005. ( Westerdam )

Can I pick the brains of all you great veteran cruisers by asking ----- would it be worth the extra $ for a verandah cabin ( not a suite ) as opposed to a large oceanview at that time of year? I am not sure about the weather as it seems to be towards the end of the season for that area, would we get to use the verandah much? Also which side of the ship is better for a verandah if any?

Thanks.

Happy cruising.

Thanks for the info' about varandahs-----Any comments on which side of the ship for this Baltic cruise.

Archived