Can You Do Too Many Flightseeing Excursions?

jstpshe

I'm planning flightseeing tours out of Ketchikan with Family Air (Glacier Fjords Tour), in Juneau with Temsco (Pilots Choice) and am now thinking of another one in Icy Strait Point to Glacier Bay.

Now I'm thinking this may be too much.I don't want to overdo it here.

Can't ask my DH opinion b/c remember this is a surprise cruise.

What do you think? Can you get too many of these when it comes to just a week cruise and are the two companies I mentioned good ones to go with. As for Icy Strait which company would you reconmend if I did this one?

Thanks, CJ :) :)

DH and I did at least two flight trips last summer ourselves while visiting AK. To answer your question, it really comes down to money and availability. If you can afford flight trips, they are awesome - you can see a lot in a short amount of time. We tried to mix it up and do some small boat excursions that got us close to glaciers as well as land based activities and sea plane/helicopter trips. It all depends on what you want to see and how much money you can spend. You just can't go wrong in AK!

I'm sure some will say you can never take too many flights, or boat trips, or see too many glaciers! If it's what you really want to do, then go for it!

I personally preferred to do a variety of things on our cruise, so I booked a Misty Fjords flight in Ketchikan, a whale watch in Juneau, and a rail/bus excursion in Skagway. Our Misty Fjords flight was rather disappointing because the clouds were too low to actually see Misty Fjords. Fortunately, we did another flight on our land trip that was primarily for transportation between Chitina and McCarthy - with a bit of glacier flightseeing on the way. We had great weather both ways for that, and they were fantastic flights.

Archived