What time should I arrive at Miracle Sunday??

dale594

Hi, we are leaving on the Miracle this Sunday. I can't decide what time to arrive. Should I arrive at 10:30, 11am, 1pm?????? When is best to arrive and why? I am a bundle of indecision here! But looking forward to our cruise! Thank you! Dale

Depends on you.

If you want to stand in line in the hot sun for a couple of hours so you can be one of the first on the ship, then by all means, be there at 10 AM.

For me, it's sleep in, grab some breakfast, shower, have some more coffee, go the the hotel pool in the morning, pack clothes, check out around noon 30, and head to the ship around 1 or 2 PM.

If you arrive at 10:30 you won't be standing in line in the hot sun. We arrived at that time and we were sitting in the waiting area. We were able to do early checkin at 11:20 and then 12:30 they started boarding and we were on the ship at 12:45. If you come later, then you will have to stand in a really long line. I wouldn't get there later than 11. If you go early, yes you will have to wait but at least you will be sitting down.

Thanks everybody! What about 2:30?
HI it's our first cruise too, and were leaving our house at 10:15 getting to the port by 11 the latest,,,,,, I would rather stand a little longer while you can't get on the ship, than be on line with hundreds of people, while others are already enjoying what WE want to be enjoying

GET there early..... get on board early and Start our long awaited vacation......check things out while it's still kind of quiet! yea get through today and tomorrow and Sunday is here and were on our way!

Barbara Mike and 11 year old Daughter Kelsey from Westchester NY

HI it's our first cruise too, and were leaving our house at 10:15 getting to the port by 11 the latest,,,,,, I would rather stand a little longer while you can't get on the ship, than be on line with hundreds of people, while others are already enjoying what WE want to be enjoying

GET there early..... get on board early and Start our long awaited vacation......check things out while it's still kind of quiet! yea get through today and tomorrow and Sunday is here and were on our way!

Barbara Mike and 11 year old Daughter Kelsey from Westchester NY

You are going to love the Miracle. She is a beautiful ship with a fantastic crew. :D

Enjoy every minute of it!!!!! :)

Sandy,

I'm also leaving on the Miracle this Sunday. What day would you recommend doing the Supper Club? I know you have lots of go tips about the Miracle.

Thanks,

Betsy

We did it the 3rd night (2nd sea day). I thought that would be the best day because when in port I didn't want to have to rush back to the ship to get dressed and ready. So I would recommend either the 2nd or 3rd sea day. The 1st sea day is formal night as is the 3rd but on the last sea day you have to have to start packing so I don't think that's a good day. So IMO the 2nd sea day is perfect. :D

FYI,

We are also leaving on the miracle on sunday, and I just found out yesterday that the ny triathalon is that day. I am wondering if we will hit alot of traffic, because up until 11:30 12th avenue is closed north from 57th street and above, and even though the port is 55th street, I would still think there will be traffic. Can anyone from ny give us some info if they think it will be hectic.

FYI,

We are also leaving on the miracle on sunday, and I just found out yesterday that the ny triathalon is that day. I am wondering if we will hit alot of traffic, because up until 11:30 12th avenue is closed north from 57th street and above, and even though the port is 55th street, I would still think there will be traffic. Can anyone from ny give us some info if they think it will be hectic.

Get there early if you can. Yes there will be traffic because of the triatholon....there is always traffic in NY....although Sunday mornings usually have the least amount of any other day.

Sandi

We are going on the Miracle on July 30th, my Dad can not stand for any longer than 10 minutes so what time should we get to the pier to guarantee him a seat?????? We are also contemplating taking a wheelchair of our own just to guarantee him a seat. I am driving to the pier...Thanks..

Sandi

We are going on the Miracle on July 30th, my Dad can not stand for any longer than 10 minutes so what time should we get to the pier to guarantee him a seat?????? We are also contemplating taking a wheelchair of our own just to guarantee him a seat. I am driving to the pier...Thanks..

We got there at 10:30 and there still were plenty of seats. Friends of ours got there around 10 and they were one of the first ones there.....so I say get there between 10 and 10:30.

I agree with you Sandi. I would not have wanted to get there too early, but with the Triathalon, the earlier the better. When we went a couple of weeks ago, we came in from the Meadowlands through the Lincoln Tunnel and it did not take us long to get to the pier. That was at about 11:30. However, when we left the pier to go home after the cruise around 11:00 the traffic on 12th Ave. (I think,it's the one that runs along the water) was backed WAY up. It was a mess with people trying to get to the pier. If you can come from the other direction it may not be that bad. You will have to wait at the pier if you get there early, but you probably won't have to wait in traffic. Just bring a snack and something to do to amuse yourself.

I agree with you Sandi. I would not have wanted to get there too early, but with the Triathalon, the earlier the better. When we went a couple of weeks ago, we came in from the Meadowlands through the Lincoln Tunnel and it did not take us long to get to the pier. That was at about 11:30. However, when we left the pier to go home after the cruise around 11:00 the traffic on 12th Ave. (I think,it's the one that runs along the water) was backed WAY up. It was a mess with people trying to get to the pier. If you can come from the other direction it may not be that bad. You will have to wait at the pier if you get there early, but you probably won't have to wait in traffic. Just bring a snack and something to do to amuse yourself.

Also if there are other ships in port that day it will be more crowded.

Yes...it's 12th Ave or the Westside Hwy or 9A. :p

It takes us two hours to get there. We were planning on leaving home at 9 am, we are coming in from allentown pa area, so we should get up there around 11. I figure if there is traffic from the triathalon, we at least have enough time to get to the port since it is not far from the lincoln tunnel. Anyone who comes down from the George washington bridge is going to have a lot of detours I imagine.

We usually get to the Pier in NYC at about 12:30PM. First time We cruised out of NYC on The Legend, 2yrs ago in Sept. the Ship had arrived a bit late and We got there about 11AM and the people that were disembarking(leaving) the ship were coming off by the hundreds. There was no place to put our luggage down in order to find a longshoreman. It was a "Mess"!Everybody was in front of the terminal from the Ship and no room for the new passengers. Since then,We sleep a little later, take our time and all is working out for us. We are usually on the Ships by 1:30 the latest. It all depends on how quickly the Ship is emptied. We sail on Miracle in Sept. and will arrive 12:30PM as it works for us. Whats the rush? We will be on the Ship for 8days.

Hello Cathy,

Have you TA contact Carnival for your father. If your TA tells them your circumstances and that you need a wheel chair for him they will have one waiting for him at the pier. He (and all of your party) will not have to stand on line and will be able to board the ship before the other passengers. The cruise lines allow people with disabilities to board first but I believe you need to let them know before hand to get a special pass. Hope this helps.

My DH and I just got off the Dawn 2 weeks ago from the same pier. We arrived at 11AM and all the seats were taken. We stood for over an hour and a half. We even had VIP check in which did not get us anywhere. We really did not mind but it was a long time standing. We are sailing on the Miracle Sept 16th this time we will be at the pier by 10AM . Better to get their early and sit for 2 hrs than stand all that time.

Happy sailing,

Margaret

Hi, we are leaving on the Miracle this Sunday. I can't decide what time to arrive. Should I arrive at 10:30, 11am, 1pm?????? When is best to arrive and why? I am a bundle of indecision here! But looking forward to our cruise! Thank you! Dale

Dale, get to the ship as close to 11 as you can. Why? You should be on the ship looking for your room by noon then you could go to the pre- cruise buffett. And it is better than getting there late.

Dale, get to the ship as close to 11 as you can. Why? You should be on the ship looking for your room by noon then you could go to the pre- cruise buffet. And it is better than getting there late.

.....why would you reply to tho OP today when they're already on the cruise?

:confused:

Archived