Just spoke to Carnival - Learned something about E docs

flitter306

My apologies if this has already been posted, but I did a quick search and didn't see it anywhere.

I just called Carnival to ask for luggage tags after reading about the "misc" pile of luggage on debarkation day if you've printed them out and the colors aren't right. The guy I spoke to told me that so long as I don't do E docs at all, I'll still get my documents in the mail - including the luggage tags. All I'll need to do is the Fun Pass online, and make sure I don't click the "My Documents" link.

I was under the impression that they weren't mailing docs anymore, only doing them online. While e-docs are obviously quicker, I'd feel better using the luggage tags that are mailed to me rather than having embarkation luggage tags and then getting debarkation luggage tags.

Plus I like doing the doc dance when they come in the mail :p

You have a choice on their website for traditional docs or edocs... I have it for every cruise I have booked...

They can't get rid of docs anytime soon, not everyone has a computer (I know, shocking! LOL!!!!)

I'm kinda baffled with all this eDoc stuff. If the baggage tags that are included as the last page of the eDoc aren't the right color, despite the fact that they have your deck and room number on 'em, what good are they?

Did Carnival launch the eDoc thing before it was ready for prime time?

Mine are blue, and reading the threads on this subject, the only other color that anyone else has gotten is kinda peach...

I recall from my last cruise that there were a bunch of different color codes in the mailed docs.

What gives?

I used them for our cruise earlier this month. They are clearly written with the room number and the deck. We got our luggage before the muster drill - as much as the new tags don't have color, they were good at getting my luggage to me quickly.

Don't worry, Just use the grey tags that you printed online. They have all the information you need to get your bags to your room. Then go to the information desk before disembarkation and get the correct color tags and place themon your bags before you have your luggage collected. very simple

I'm kinda baffled with all this eDoc stuff. If the baggage tags that are included as the last page of the eDoc aren't the right color, despite the fact that they have your deck and room number on 'em, what good are they?

Did Carnival launch the eDoc thing before it was ready for prime time?

Mine are blue, and reading the threads on this subject, the only other color that anyone else has gotten is kinda peach...

I recall from my last cruise that there were a bunch of different color codes in the mailed docs.

What gives?

One big problem with this that I can see is not all printers print in true colors. Some substitute colors if you are low on one or if the printer doesn't recognize light purple you may end up with something that looks more like pink. I got my cruise docs in the mail a few days ago. That thrill is something I have no desire to trade in for edocs :)

Thats funny that you said that about having a choice..becasue I was advised by a private T/A that although it shows the choice online, you really dont have the choice, and will not receive docs in the mail anymore...but then I also hear that they will infact be giving people a choice? im confused!!! HAHA

One big problem with this that I can see is not all printers print in true colors. Some substitute colors if you are low on one or if the printer doesn't recognize light purple you may end up with something that looks more like pink. I got my cruise docs in the mail a few days ago. That thrill is something I have no desire to trade in for edocs :)

I was thinking along the same lines. If you see one color on the screen and your printer is printing them as a very different color, then you would know they are the wrong color, its not like you wouldnt know ahead of time because you can see them on your monitor.

Perhaps I should clarify. The luggage tags you print online are only for embarkation. In theory, your bags should get to your room without any problem - regardless of the color. But from what I understand, once onboard you'll need to get different luggage tags for debarkation (assuming you don't use self assist). Otherwise your luggage will get lumped into a miscellaneous pile of luggage. I don't want to have to wait at the Purser's (or wherever you get the tags) with everyone else who needs tags.

There's no waiting for the tags once onboard - they are on the wall outside of the purser's desk very easily accessible. Anyone can go up and grab as many as they need at any time during the cruise - at least that is how it's been on the past 2 cruises I've been on with Carnival.

Thats funny that you said that about having a choice..becasue I was advised by a private T/A that although it shows the choice online, you really dont have the choice, and will not receive docs in the mail anymore...but then I also hear that they will infact be giving people a choice? im confused!!! HAHA

I was told the same thing by my private TA. I never printed my documents until last night. In the mean time, none came in the mail and we are leaving on Monday... so don't be so sure that they will come in the mail "if you don't print the e-docs":rolleyes:

Just my experience!

A~

Perhaps I should clarify. The luggage tags you print online are only for embarkation. In theory, your bags should get to your room without any problem - regardless of the color. But from what I understand, once onboard you'll need to get different luggage tags for debarkation (assuming you don't use self assist). Otherwise your luggage will get lumped into a miscellaneous pile of luggage. I don't want to have to wait at the Purser's (or wherever you get the tags) with everyone else who needs tags.

We have always received our debarkation tags with other custom and debarkation information in our cabin towards the end of our cruises. Your cabin steward usually leaves them for you.

when should I expect my cruise documents for a cruise August 20-25, 2007. It was booked through a TA.

any day now :D

Please post a review to hold me over for a couple of months until my turn on the Celebration!!

Yep they can mail them anytime now! Waiting too.

Our group is leaving on August 5, and we have not received them yet. Paid in full in June. Just heard from our Travel Agent that our documents have been mailed out, and we should receive them tomorrow. Fingers crossed:p

Your luggage will get to your cabin on embarkation and for debarkation on my last cruise they were left in my box outside my cabin door. No problem at all on retrieving my luggage. I told the porter what color i had put on my luggage and he went right to it.

The tags i got in e docs this time are a grey color, it has my cabin number and all pertinent information , just like on the last cruise, my luggage was there when i got back from muster.

I asked my PVP for paper docs and he said they were dicontinued so no choice. I don't care as long as i have what ever i need to get on board the ship.

I also had a call from NCL a few months ago informing me no more paper docs. I guess they are all switching over to our paper and ink....lol.:cool:

On both of my previous cruises, tags were left in my room the night before we got back home along with a couple of envelopes for extra tips if desired. Don't worry over the tags so much, the porters can fix you up when you arrive at the terminal.

Well I'm glad I did the e-doc tutorial before it officially launched because that is where I found out that if you choose to receive paper docs then you will also receive e-docs (though not right away). So I received my paper docs last week for my upcoming cruise :D and the luggage tags are Purple. I'll be on the Main deck forward, but my e-docs are a light blue color and so are the rest of my family and we are all not on the same deck. So I'm glad I received the docs in the mail with the traditional tags. I will just use those since they are the color of the deck I'm supposed to be on I guess.

Your luggage will get to your cabin on embarkation and for debarkation on my last cruise they were left in my box outside my cabin door. No problem at all on retrieving my luggage. I told the porter what color i had put on my luggage and he went right to it.

The tags i got in e docs this time are a grey color, it has my cabin number and all pertinent information , just like on the last cruise, my luggage was there when i got back from muster.

I asked my PVP for paper docs and he said they were dicontinued so no choice. I don't care as long as i have what ever i need to get on board the ship.

I also had a call from NCL a few months ago informing me no more paper docs. I guess they are all switching over to our paper and ink....lol.:cool:

Are you talking about no more paper docs for a Carnival cruise because I just received paper docs in the mail last week as well as e-docs.

We are leaving Saturday on the Liberty. I printed out the e-docs and the luggage tags were a pinkish/salmon/peach color. I used a very high quality printer. I laminated them and had they ready to go. YESTERDAY I got docs in the mail (so I got both) and my tags in the paper docs are bright GREEN. Needless to say I am going to use those!!! On the webpage I indicated I wanted my docs mailed first - then a few weeks later I printed out the e-docs so I guess that is one way of getting both.

Archived