Costa Maya ==Help

Giantfan13

If this has been posted before I am sorry. My DW and I are not beach people. We are looking for something else to do besides the beach. How are the 'ruins' on Costa Maya. I am not big on ruins, but my DW thinks they would be interesting. Are the ruins on Cozumel better, or are the ones on Costa Maya worth the trip?. Are there other things to do that do NOT include water or the beach??. Thanks and any info will be appreciated.

If this has been posted before I am sorry. My DW and I are not beach people. We are looking for something else to do besides the beach. How are the 'ruins' on Costa Maya. I am not big on ruins, but my DW thinks they would be interesting. Are the ruins on Cozumel better, or are the ones on Costa Maya worth the trip?. Are there other things to do that do NOT include water or the beach??. Thanks and any info will be appreciated.

What ruins at Costa Maya are you asking about? I took an excursion to a Mayan residence -- which was very enjoyable and informative and worth the time and cost of the excursion by itself. Also, on the way we stopped at the ruins of Limones temple in Quintana Roo; this was just one structure and not very impressive, but our tour guide was really good and conveyed a lot of informatin about the temple, so it was worthwhile.

If this has been posted before I am sorry. My DW and I are not beach people. We are looking for something else to do besides the beach. How are the 'ruins' on Costa Maya.quote]

If you want to see ruins, Costa Maya is a good place. The ruins on Coz are small.

David and Ivan have a good tour to Chacchoban.(spelling?) There is another ruin also but I would have to check some of the threads to find it.

We went to Chaccoben through CCl. It was great. (5 boys-14, 17, 18, 21, and 24; and DH and myself all loved it.) The ruins are in a fantastic jungle and you are able to climb one set of stairs (about 35 steps) which leads you to another level with two very well preserved temples.

Our guide (through CCL) was Luis. He has written a book on Chaccoben and was excellent!

This tour lasted 4 hours so we had time to swim in the pool at the pier, shop, and eat.

I loved this port because it is so new that there is much natural land around. (Not quite so touristy)

Have fun!

Archived