cruise feaver

cruise-teen

Guest maler

Yes, you've caught the fever and the only cure is more cow bell er, I mean the only cure is more cruising! Oh wait, there is no cure!

I took my first cruise back in 1989 and I've been hooked ever since.

There is no cure for the root problem but there is a way to ease the anxiety... Have mom buy you some books about the countries\ports you will be visiting. It's fun to learn about the places you will be visiting and it gives you something to do that is "cruise related" before the cruise.

Have fun!!

:p Only seven more weeks until we're in Tampa for our cruise! So, this week we went to the bookstore and made it a whole event to look at books about our ports and the ship ~ thanks for the suggestion! Next week, the Travel Channel starts some cruise shows.........that will help.

I think there is an ebb and flow (pardon the pun) to this cruise fever thing. Some days are harder than others! So, can we start packing now??

Sol mom

• 2 weeks later...

I know we don't sail until five weeks from Sunday, but our vacation will start on Friday after work/school! I have an update on my cell phone for every Friday at 3pm to remind me with a countdown! (I think I have too much time on my hands, and too much CRUISE FEVER!)

Have a good weekend, all!

• 3 weeks later...

:rolleyes: So, our cruise is just days away and I can't help but wonder......does cruise fever get worse as the date looms nearer? Having things ready to pack (but not packing yet). Having done all the research on ports (but not knowing which port we'll be in since Costa Maya is closed). Tying up all those loose ends (making boarding arrangements for the dog, clearing off the digital camera cards, buying sunscreen).

I have come to the conclusion that these last few weeks are "sweet torture".........my mind is already on vacation, my body just needs to finish everything up!

Sol y Mar

i agree we have our stuff ready but u wont let us pack it sol. so its even mare torture. even dad is having the really bad fever i think mickey even has it!! well cant wait till sep 16 so we can get on that ship ( and i can enjoy my birthday )

bre

My daughters took "scrap" paper (I bring home misc paper from work, they cut it up into 4ths and use it for scrap) and numbered the days until we left. Each day they have removed one of the papers off the wall & "remind" me how many days we have until we leave. They started at 60, and we are almost ready to go now. Packing up this weekend, so it was a good idea for them - and mom/dad! I think it's put us all in the "fever"

My daughters took "scrap" paper (I bring home misc paper from work, they cut it up into 4ths and use it for scrap) and numbered the days until we left. Each day they have removed one of the papers off the wall & "remind" me how many days we have until we leave. They started at 60, and we are almost ready to go now. Packing up this weekend, so it was a good idea for them - and mom/dad! I think it's put us all in the "fever"

what ship are you going on???? and when????

• 4 weeks later...

I have cruise fever so bad that I still have more then 200 days till the next cruise and more then two hundred days since the last.I am mentally packed and buying my formal wear, and have researched all the ports of call and continue to look for what I have forgotten to think about. The half way there is the real killer for me. I get on cruise critic every weekend and read up on the our cruise in May. I look at what people have said and how many cruises they have been on. I am envious when I see these long lists of cruises and I read about all of you that have a few days left and are packing for your next one, and I think to myself TAKE ME WITH. If I could I would retire on a cruise but that is way out of my financial reach. Still waiting for the cruise ship time shares that you don't need to be Oprah to own.

well we went on our cruise last week im sorry vicsjoy that you still have so many days left. try looking on travil channel for something cruise ship like the making , cruise do's and donts, basicly anything cruise except for titanic then you wont want to go on a cruise! well i guess that that would help for your cruise fever.

any more questions feel free to ask

• 4 weeks later...

do ya'll ever wish there was something more out there for cruise fever victims??! I mean, they have guides and "how to cope with..." for every other subject, and lots of decorations for every single NFL football team for fball addicts...anything out there for cruise fever survival?!?!

for thoes who really want to go on a cruise really bad and are like i wanna go on a cruise so bad bolth me and my mom have cruise feaver i have it worse:(

bre

I have it bad so that sometimes I drive down to the Manhattan pier and hope that there is a cruise ship there so I can holler and scream "I should be on that ship right now!" Doesn't matter what line, I don't care, all I know is that I should be on vacation. :p

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
The remedy for cruise fever is simply to book another cruise. Within 2 hours of booking you will feel better.:D

Normally I am itching to book another cruise as soon as I return home. This time though-six weeks later and I am still in no hurry. I was upset by how depressed the economy is in the Caribbean. It is bad here but much worse there-usually a cruise makes me forget how bad things are-but this time it was starring me in the face that the economy of the whole world must be terrible.

Archived