Need encouragement!!

momonmeds

Hi everyone,

I have always been up and down. I am female, 5'7" and somewhere between 170 and 175. My highest was 210. I've been doing weight watchers for the past 2 years or so off and on. I'll do really well, but then I'll take some time off and gain it all back. I can't seem to get below 170. If I could lose 20 and get to 150 I'd be happy:D , but I'm pretty stuck right now. It seems like I make progress, but when I use my flex points I go backwards. I really love food, and don't excercise much, but it seems like if I don't adhere to a strict 24 points I don't lose or even gain:( .

Any help or encouragement is welcome. We are going on our cruise in December, and I want to look HOT!!

Thanks in advance,

Beth

Hi, Beth -

First of all - you've kept the better part of 40 pounds off - and that's terrific!! You should be proud of that.

What do you mean when you say that you are "doing Weight Watchers"? Are you tracking points? Are you measuring and logging everything? Are you going to meetings? Are you following the Good Health Guidelines? Have you worked exercise into your lifestyle? Are you familiar w/ WW's Tools for Success that can help you get through the tough times or get you back on track if you've fallen off a bit?

Work the program, and the program will work for you!!

If you're looking for some extra support beyond what you can get at the weekly meeting, check out the WW Boards - they're terrific. I'm active on the 10% Challenge thread - looks like that's about what you're looking to do by December, which should be a very achievable goal. Come join us there!

Just caught the part where you said that you don't exercise much - that could be your problem right there. Here's a suggestion - buy a cheap pedometer and start trying to get 10,000 steps in every day. Doing an hour long walk and going a bit extra out of your way throughout the day is enough for most people to do that. This can really make a difference in your weight loss.

• 2 weeks later...
Just caught the part where you said that you don't exercise much - that could be your problem right there. Here's a suggestion - buy a cheap pedometer and start trying to get 10,000 steps in every day. Doing an hour long walk and going a bit extra out of your way throughout the day is enough for most people to do that. This can really make a difference in your weight loss.

excellent point....and about excercise, don't put it off....the later you wait in the day, the less likely you are to do it

Archived