Getting on board early?

Hello all,

Im under the age of 25 and my fiance is as well. We both are going on Carnival Paradise for a 3 days Baja Mexico cruise. My parents are as well.

My question is, do you think my fiance and I will have a problem getting onto the boat early (that is before my parents)

Im 19, he is 23.

I don't want to get down there and they tell us we are not allowed on board until my parents get down there.

Hello all,

Im under the age of 25 and my fiance is as well. We both are going on Carnival Paradise for a 3 days Baja Mexico cruise. My parents are as well.

My question is, do you think my fiance and I will have a problem getting onto the boat early (that is before my parents)

Im 19, he is 23.

I don't want to get down there and they tell us we are not allowed on board until my parents get down there.

Who booked the cruise? Did this person book ALL the rooms? If your mom did, for instance, you would not be able to get on early, you would all need to check in together. besides, you will want to have your picture made together right before you get on the ship!:)

Who booked the cruise? Did this person book ALL the rooms? If your mom did, for instance, you would not be able to get on early, you would all need to check in together. besides, you will want to have your picture made together right before you get on the ship!:)
Well, not exactly. I booked a cabin for my husband and younger son and I and another cabin for our older son and his girlfriend. They had their own docs since they were in their own cabin and they checked in without us. We were right behind them, but the person checking them in had no way of knowing that. However, they were both over the age of 21, so that doesn't really answer the OP's question. ;)

I think because of your age you will have a problem getting on before your parents because there is no way to show that you are cruising with someone over 25. That would be an easy loophole if all you had to say is the 25 or older were checking in later. I used to do check in for Celebrity and we had to see the actual person that was cruising with the younger guest. There is no way for the check in person to know if your reservation is linked with another. So you might want to meet up with your parents before you go otherwise you might have to wait at the port for them. Cindy

I think because of your age you will have a problem getting on before your parents because there is no way to show that you are cruising with someone over 25. That would be an easy loophole if all you had to say is the 25 or older were checking in later. I used to do check in for Celebrity and we had to see the actual person that was cruising with the younger guest. There is no way for the check in person to know if your reservation is linked with another. So you might want to meet up with your parents before you go otherwise you might have to wait at the port for them. Cindy

Thanks so much. I called my travel agent and she said no but when she called the person she talked to said yes. However when I originally book the rooms my fiance and I were suppose to be together however when i went in to pay, we had to change it because apparently it was wrong.

Archived