Our Thoughts on July 14 Sailing

jdarch

I found that there was not too much vibration on Journey in the dining room...the worst vibration we have was on Galaxy...We have early dining, that's when the ship leaving ports ....the whole table can be shaking...(the waitstaffs were really good at pretending nothing was happening!)

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE"

From Hamilton, you can go to HorseshoeBay on the SouthShore. It is larger and more crowded especially after mid-day, but if you’re willing to walk a ways in either direction you can find your own spot with great waves and pink sand. BTW, last year we walked back up the hill to the bus stop; this year we took the $1 shuttle ride. We endorse the ride…

END QUOTE"

I was there recently and looked for a shuttle but couldn't find one. Where do you pick it up?

QUOTE"

From Hamilton, you can go to HorseshoeBay on the SouthShore. It is larger and more crowded especially after mid-day, but if you’re willing to walk a ways in either direction you can find your own spot with great waves and pink sand. BTW, last year we walked back up the hill to the bus stop; this year we took the $1 shuttle ride. We endorse the ride…

END QUOTE"

I was there recently and looked for a shuttle but couldn't find one. Where do you pick it up?

At the bottom........:-)

Usually there is a sign and usually there are some sawhorse barricades on the right where he picks up.

END QUOTE"

In case I wasn't clear, the shuttle only goes up the hill to the bus stop (worth a buck). We had very polite Bermy fellow - helps you on and off the van with a stepstool. If there was no van there your day, maybe he finally decided to take a day off! ;)

In case I wasn't clear, the shuttle only goes up the hill to the bus stop (worth a buck). We had very polite Bermy fellow - helps you on and off the van with a stepstool. If there was no van there your day, maybe he finally decided to take a day off! ;)

Another variable is when he starts. I don't know what time he starts the rides but I know he isn't there when I arrive at the beach in the morning so he may not be there if someone leaves early.

He also tells something about Bermuda, a different fact each short trip up. It really is very clever what he does.

Archived