Booking next cruise on board

Does anyone know what the discount is if you book your next cruise while you're on board? We're cruising on Mariner Aug. 26 and are thinking about another cruise next year....

JuJuBear

There is no "discount". You just get the OBC for the length of cruise that you end up booking.

JuJuBear, I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm also sailing on Mariner Aug 26. Please come over to our roll call board to chat with your fellow cruisers: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=418857 Also, sign up for the Meet and Mingle, which is a little reception RCI has onboard for us cruise critics: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=266&a=34

A nice new program RCCL has is the "Next Cruise" program. How it works is you go to the Loyalty Amb. and request the Next Cruise application. Complete the application and you will receive a certificate good for the same on-board credit as booking the cruise while on a cruise without having to make the decision at that time to what cruise you would want to take. The deposit for the "Next Cruise" program is only $100 per person. Once you decide on your next cruise, give them your next cruise certificate booking number and book the cruise. You will then pay them the remaining deposit required and you will receive the on-board credit just as booking on board.

I hope this has not confused anyone as it is hard for me to type what I am thinking.

We have used this once and it worked out great.

Tim

you get a credit on board for the cruise you book...its based on the number of nights of the future cruise. We always do this...we build in the future cruise deposit as part of the amount we have to save for the cost of the cruise we are going on first

RCCL's "Next Cruise" program may not be available on all ships- it wasn't fully available on our recent (5/07) Grandeur cruises. We had hoped to book another cruise on board (and had narrowed it down to two cruises- for which we had current internet rates with us). The LA's rates for each cruise were higher than we knew we could get going directly online with an TA or with RCL. Plus, the LA was only giving the $100.00 deposit option if you applied for the RCCL credit card through her. We didn't like the idea of giving her all our financial info just fo save a little on the deposit (especially when her cruise fare wasn't a bargain!).

If you decide to book another cruise while on board, do your homework first. Have an idea of when and where you want to cruise, what RCCL offers, current rates, etc. We will be crusing another RCCL ship in December and will visit the LA with our ideas for more cruises. Maybe we'll find a bargain this time, but we won't feel obligated to use the LA if we can do better elsewhere.

Archived