Bigger Balcony with mini-suite?

SabrinaNP

I am looking into an Alaskan cruise aboard either the Coral Princess or Island Princess in August 2008. I am more interested in balcony size than cabin size. Does anyone know if the balconies are any bigger in the mini-suites as compared to the BB balcony rooms? They look to be the same size in the brochure pictures. :) Thanks.

I am looking into an Alaskan cruise aboard either the Coral Princess or Island Princess in August 2008. I am more interested in balcony size than cabin size. Does anyone know if the balconies are any bigger in the mini-suites as compared to the BB balcony rooms? They look to be the same size in the brochure pictures. :) Thanks.

The biggest balconies on the Coral/Island are the balcony rooms on Caribe deck (BA cat.)

Yes the mini balcony is bigger then the BB balcony. :)

I agree with those who say that the Caribe Deck balconies are bigger than those on the Dolphin Deck. We have been on the Caribe Deck twice and looked down on a smaller balcony of the minisuite on the Dolphin Deck. However, the Dolphin Deck balconies are larger than those on the Baja and Aloha decks. Also, as covered in other blogs, the Dolphin Deck balconies are totally exposed as they begin where the Caribe Deck balconies end. The Caribe Deck balconies are partially covered by the smaller Baja Deck balconies above.

I agree with those who say that the Caribe Deck balconies are bigger than those on the Dolphin Deck. We have been on the Caribe Deck twice and looked down on a smaller balcony of the minisuite on the Dolphin Deck. However, the Dolphin Deck balconies are larger than those on the Baja and Aloha decks. Also, as covered in other blogs, the Dolphin Deck balconies are totally exposed as they begin where the Caribe Deck balconies end. The Caribe Deck balconies are partially covered by the smaller Baja Deck balconies above.

Not true. The aft mini's on the Coral/Island Princess are completely covered. Go here for best info.. http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

We had a port side on a recent trip southbound, which was wonderful. On a northbound trip you would want starboard. We had D 210. It was forward, covered, and very private. When approaching glaciers we were right there. It was perfect in size for two of us.

Just a suggestion.:)

Is there a public forward deck on the Caribe and Baja decks? I can not tell from the diagrams.

It is surprising that the stateroom suites are on lower decks (not the top deck). They are usually higher up on most ships?

There are "private" bulkhead forward facing doors on Caribe deck. Walk forward until hallway ends and go out that door. Great viewing area. Did this on Panama Canal cruise. We had an aft balcony and this gave us another view point.

Is there a public forward deck on the Caribe and Baja decks? I can not tell from the diagrams.

It is surprising that the stateroom suites are on lower decks (not the top deck). They are usually higher up on most ships?

Yes Dolphin/Caribe/Baja. :)

Yes only one size suite on Coral/Island and they are not that big. No Owners suite/Grand Suite etc.

Not true. The aft mini's on the Coral/Island Princess are completely covered. Go here for best info.. http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

I will acknowledge what Largin says. I was referring to the majority of the Dolphin Deck balconies along the port and starboard sides of the ship, which are not covered, and hadn't considered the aft balconies, which are indeed covered. Correction noted.

I would not be JUST looking at the balcony size on an Alaska cruise--weather can be changeable at this time of year. :o We love our balcony, but almost always go with a Mini-suite because of the larger shower size! Dear hubby HATES:mad: (!!) the small showers.

So, take a look at what's important to you.

I just checked out your website on the Coral/Island Princess Balconies. This is the finest explanation I have seen on the balconies of these ships. The Grand, Golden, Star, Crown and Emerald have simpler arrangements to understand as there are no sections that are "bumped out" as you call it. Billy Vader, a Princess comedian refers to the corridors on these latter ships as "the world's longest hallways!"

Archived