Every Time I Come Here....

nugsmom

Yep, I do it too! I now buy department store counter makeup and skin care, have discovered Coldwater Creek, and also have had to buy some new Crocs flip flops because of what I've read here. Ah well...at least I know I'm buying some good stuff! :)

I started a clip on hair extension frenzy on the Honeymoon/Wedding board. I started to feel bad that everyone was out spending money on them (they do work great, though) but then I was like.. "Nah...I get to contribute something for a change instead of taking the advice all the time!" :D

Amen!!

I was reading here yesterday and ended up at Kohl's in search of my swimsuit cover up. My $10 swimsuit cover up ended up costing me $80 by the time I left Kohl's! That other stuff just jumped into my arms and forced me to buy them!! ;)

I've decided that it's a vicious cycle. You book a cruise. You go out and buy all kinds of stuff for that cruise (clothes shoes, suitcases, duct tape, who knows what all....).

Then once you get back from your cruise, you figure you've invested in all this stuff so you might as well go on another cruise....and then you need MORE stuff for the next cruise, and....:rolleyes:

You book a cruise. You go out and buy all kinds of stuff for that cruise (clothes shoes, suitcases, duct tape, who knows what all....).

Then once you get back from your cruise, you figure you've invested in all this stuff so you might as well go on another cruise....and then you need MORE stuff for the next cruise, and....:rolleyes:

and the problem with that is.............????

Yep, I do it too! I now buy department store counter makeup and skin care, have discovered Coldwater Creek, and also have had to buy some new Crocs flip flops because of what I've read here. Ah well...at least I know I'm buying some good stuff! :)

I started a clip on hair extension frenzy on the Honeymoon/Wedding board. I started to feel bad that everyone was out spending money on them (they do work great, though) but then I was like.. "Nah...I get to contribute something for a change instead of taking the advice all the time!" :D

Coldwater Creek just opened a store in my local mall. Gonna go check it out soon.

Barb

Amen to both of these. I find the loveliest dresses on ebay, sun dresses and old fashioned, very feminine Gunne Sax, the kind that are princess style (flattering to the figure!) and covered in cabbage rose patterns!

I also love Zappos, how can you not love a company that sends you shoes and pays shipping both ways?

Jane :rolleyes:

Amen to both of these. I find the loveliest dresses on ebay, sun dresses and old fashioned, very feminine Gunne Sax, the kind that are princess style (flattering to the figure!) and covered in cabbage rose patterns!

I also love Zappos, how can you not love a company that sends you shoes and pays shipping both ways?

Jane :rolleyes:

Yep Jane, from another Jane, as long as I know it is a style that will work on me I will buy it. I bought a silk blouse with the tags on it for about $20 with shipping-this blouse was around $120 orignially and the person I bought it from paid $42 on clearance for it last year. She then gained weight over the winter and it did not fit her-so my gain and her loss.

then I bought a silk dress for $30 still with tags and it was coldwater Creek brand and had a tag that said $149.

Never went to QVC but I love ebay. Just lost out on 12 Reed & Barton sterling silver knives from The Plaza Hotel. Really wanted them.

I went to the sale at the Plaza.

I got 2' shoe horns that say "Plaza Hotel" and the leather covered Plaza book that was in all the rooms and pink linen, Frette kitchen towels (never used. still in plastic sealed packages).

Congrats on the silver!

Jane

• 1 month later...

Hi How are you ? I dont know if you remember me by my screen name, but my late husband and I cruised with you and your husband on the Sun in November ( Thanksgiving ) 2003..... We did the bus ride to Hell together in Grand Cayman.... I am cruising again in March 08 and thought I would get on here to see if I could get some info on the Dawn...

I have a new email and will get it to you somehow... Say hello to your husband...

used to be Dnsgrl on this site Now Onyxmom

Archived