LaQuita on 26th ave.

cruzfiend

I stayed there two years ago this December. Shuttle service was easy, staff was accomodating and rooms were by my standards HUGE! Check out tripadvisor.com and you will see alot of reviews over there. I'm looking into booking a group in this hotel for a pre-cruise stay in December as there is a movie theatre, resturaunt, shopping center and BJ's Wholesale club within a short distance.

If you aren't looking for top of the line, this is probably your best bet. I know last time we were there they were doing or planning to do some renovations.

:)

We stayed at this LaQuinta last year. It's very nice and the staff is friendly. The shuttle from the airport didn't take too long and the shuttle to the port was great. Sign up when you check in.

Also, be sure to check the sign in the lobby for the continental breakfast time. It's different on different days and we almost missed it one day :eek: !

There's also a Kmart nearby (didn't see BJ's :( ) and a 50's type diner with very good food.

Have a wonderful cruise!

I stayed at the one on 26th Street a couple of years ago. Very nice.

There are a couple in Ft. Lauderdale area. Be sure of which one you are looking at.

If we are cruising from Red Hook in Brooklyn, is the Laquita an option. Also is this one in new york city, I didn't find one on 26th. More info please

Sorry, this LaQuinta is a little south-in Ft. Lauderdale :D !

Does anyone know if the shuttle to the pier is available on Sundays? Their web site says "limited" shuttle service to cruiseport on Fridays and Saturdays.

We have a reservation for the Sleep Inn but after reading this thread seriously considering switching.

Does anyone know if the shuttle to the pier is available on Sundays? Their web site says "limited" shuttle service to cruiseport on Fridays and Saturdays.

We have a reservation for the Sleep Inn but after reading this thread seriously considering switching.

I saw that too but called and asked. The girl at the desk said that they will go to the cruiseport everyday.

I saw that too but called and asked. The girl at the desk said that they will go to the cruiseport everyday.

When we last stayed at LaQuinta we sailed on a Monday and they did have a shuttle available. I think it's available any time people need to get to the port, as Coolmama 1 said :).

Archived