Best Time To Book A Flight

WASUP

I had heard that booking a flight can be a hit and miss issue. Like there are literally times of the day and days of the week that are better then other times. I had a one way to SFO for 93, couldnot book it as I had to wait for apporval for time off from work, today it is 150 one way...I was wondering if this will go back down, maybe not all the way again, or should I book it.

Thanks

It's pretty random. There are always stories about certain times of the week or certain days of the week being better than others, but even if they're true (which I doubt) it's difficult to rely on it coming right for the precise flight that you want, because you never know if an adjustment to the number of cheaper seats being done at any particular time will apply to your flight or not.

Personally, I doubt the stories are true, because if there really was a pattern then purchasers would get wise to it and the airlines would be creating a stampede situation for themselves. That's something they usually try to avoid for lots of reasons.

When is the flight for? Can you afford to hang in there and wait another week or two to keep checking? Not buying at today's price is always a gamble, but if there is a long time before the flight it may be a gamble with more upside than downside.

Archived