Poll: Guides & Drivers in France & Italy

What driver/guide company do you recommend?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. What driver/guide company do you recommend?

• Max Leotta of romelimousine.com
    • Michel Legrand of Revelation-tours.com
    • Claudio of limoinrome.com
    • Danile of driverinrome.com

We booked through Driver in Rome for Florence and Rome. They had come very highly recommended to me and they did not disappoint. In Florence we had Lauda (hope I spelled it correctly). She was great. I had my 24 yr old daughter and 19 year old son who sat up front with her. She did a great job keeping them, as well as the rest of us extremely interested. She was a great driver and knew her stuff. She even had umbrellas for us when it was raining in Florence.
In Rome we had Roberto, who was equally informative and also a great driver. Took us everywhere we requested and still got us back to the ship on time. I would book with Driver in Rome again.

[U]Now for the best reason why I truly appreciated Driver in Rome.[/U] My DH left his camera in the van on our Florence tour. Somehow, someway, Daniele got the camera to Rome the next morning for our next tour! Roberto had it in his car already when he met us. When I called Daniele, he assured me he would have the camera to us the next morning, and he did!!! That is service beyond any expectations and that is why Driver in Rome is who I would recommend to anyone.

For Villefranche we booked with Revelation Tours. I originally had booked for my family of 4, but they hooked us up with two other couples to share the day with. Not only did that save us money, but we made some wonderful friends and all 8 of us shared the tours in Livorno and Rome also. Our guide was Isoline and we loved her. We went to Nice, Eze, Monaco and Monte Carlo and it was a fantastic day.

[quote name='FIRSTLAKE']Just back from the Med --In Naples we used Giovanni from [B][COLOR=#0000ff]tourofitaly [/COLOR][/B] He is quite a character and kept us amused all day --he had a large comfortable van, took us to Pompeii (we were the first ones at the site--awesome) and then on to Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi and Ravello.
Lunch was at his friend's restaurant--it was excellent.
We had a great day.
Price was 400 Euro.[/quote]

Is this the older guide? How did you have time to get to Ravello? We were racing to get back to Naples for our 6:00pm departure. Which restaurant. We ate at Panorama.

• 3 weeks later...
We used Danielle and Remo in May of this year for four different events - two guided tours and two transports - they remain great people to work with - this is our third time in Rome and the third trip that we have used them-- you won't go wrong.

Archived