TV's in cabins?

Hi, we are traveling with our kids on the vision of the seas. I know that there will be times that the littler ones need some down time in the cabins. What are the tvs like? Are there dvd players or do I need to bring one? What channels are available? Thanks so much for all of your help, you guys are amazing!

Hi, we are traveling with our kids on the vision of the seas. I know that there will be times that the littler ones need some down time in the cabins. What are the tvs like? Are there dvd players or do I need to bring one? What channels are available? Thanks so much for all of your help, you guys are amazing!

There will probably not be a DVD player in your cabin. And you will probably not be able to hook your own player up to the TV - they will have to watch the DVDs *on* your own player. That's what my son did on the Enchantment.

I have only seen DVD players in a GS or larger.

The channels are limited - one, possibly two, cartoon/kids' channels.

No DVD players and no way too hook them up unfortunately. We were disappointed in this. We wanted to bring the kids' game system. You're right...kids (and parents!!) need down time in the cabin and in such a small space, you need an electronic babysitter. :) Very few channels available (we were on the liberty).

Fortunately we brought our laptop, which can play DVD's and had games. We never leave home without it! ;)

Jen

You will be unable to connect DVD or Video games in Most cabins on Voyager Class, Freedom, or Radiance Class ships.

But you CAN hook up DVD or Vid Games in Most Cabins on Vision Class ships. . .

Here are the TV Channels from a recent cruise on Grandeur of the Seas....

Radio

;) ;)

14 Palladium Theater Replay ( Karaoke Replays Also)

15 Explorations ( Excursion Videos)

16 CBS Eye on Royal Caribbean (Info and CBS Sitcoms)

17 CNN International

18 CNN Headline News

19 ESPN International

20 RCI Movie Channel 1

21 RCI Movie Channel 2

22 Discovery Shopping

23 TCM (Turner Classic Movies)

24 TNT (Turner Network Television)

25 Discovery Channel

26 Bloomberg News Channel

27 Fox News

28 Royal Classics- Family Programs

29 Cartoon Network

30 Boomerang - Cartoons

31 Adventure Ocean

32 RCI Retro TV

33 Venus TV / E Entertainment Television

34 XYTV (Music Videos)

35 RCI Movie Channel (Espanol)

36 CNN Espanol

37 CNN Headline News

38 Channel Guide

39 Cruise Compass / Daily Menus

40 Bridge Cam

41 Bridge / Nav Info

42 Music

Don't plan on the TV as an entertainment souirce for the kids. RCL have kid programs which will occupy them to some level. Cruises tend to entertain and amuse the adult population. Although they do have an good kids program it really is a hid care system.

I was on the Rhapsody and the TVs were so old you had to wait for them to warm up. They seem to be from when the ship was built days. Very small. No modern connections. worst tv iv ever seen on a cruiseship.

Not that Im saying it mattered to me, just that I was surprised how old they were.

Don't plan on the TV as an entertainment souirce for the kids. RCL have kid programs which will occupy them to some level. Cruises tend to entertain and amuse the adult population. Although they do have an good kids program it really is a hid care system.

I agree. We don't have any small kids, but we have observed the kids' programs on various cruise lines. RCI has, by far, the best children's programs (for all ages) we have seen. The counselors are attentive and clever and from time to time even have the kids interact with the adult passengers. And it's fun for them, and for us.

Does anybody know if there are Pay per view movies on the tv? We'll be on the Explorer and it would be nice if they did.

I'm pretty positive they do, as well as "adult" type programming available for pay per view.

Archived