Crown- Wireless Internet???

cruisekota

My fiance and I are sailing Wednesday on the Crown and are wondering about the wireless internet access. We have a laptop at home that is already "wireless-equipped" and we are debating about bringing it on the boat. Fiance cannot sleep before 3am and needs something to do or else he'll drive me crazy!! :D Are there fees?

My fiance and I are sailing Wednesday on the Crown and are wondering about the wireless internet access. We have a laptop at home that is already "wireless-equipped" and we are debating about bringing it on the boat. Fiance cannot sleep before 3am and needs something to do or else he'll drive me crazy!! :D Are there fees?

I have the same question!! i am also on the 8/1 sailing on the crown..

JOIN OUR ROLL CALL

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=417015&page=39

Are there fees? You bet cha there are since this is internet access from a ship and not land based. Sorry, can't remember what the fees are for wireless, but I am sure someone will jump in here that has the current pricing. I can tell you if that if your friend spends several hours surfing the internet onboard ship each night, that bill is going to be astronomical at the end of the cruise.

We were on the coral in June. Wireless internet is available only in the atrium area. Cost is 50 cents a minute. Be advised, the connection is slow, slow, slow.....did I mention it was slow? I simply used mine to burst down and up my emails. Even doing that I burned about $25 for the week. Did I mention how slow the connection was?? LOL.

Hope you have a great time. Send you fiance up the 24 hour buffet.....that will be cheaper than the internet.

Not sure of the cost but the wireless connection in the Atrium of the Crown was excellent for the 7 weeks I was onboard. I believe they are the same packages as available in the Internet Cafe. (150 minutes for $75 or 250 minutes for $100 or .75c a minute.)

We were on the Crown back in June and used the computers in the Internet Cafe to check email and send a few photos back home. Connection speed on those was better than I've run across on other ships. The wireless does cost more to use than if you buy a package of minutes to use on the ship's Internet Cafe computers. If you need to upload documents, then you might want to think about using your laptop - otherwise, I'd stick with using their computers. Their computers are fairly restrictive - you can get on the internet and upload photos from a media card, but that's about it.

Another good point was that there were rarely more than 5 or 6 people on the ship's computers whenever we wanted to use them (they have 25 computers in the Cafe on deck 5).

Archived