Bingo on Explorer

We'll be going on the 8/17 sailing of the Explorer of the Seas. It's been about 8 years since DH and I sailed on RCCL and I was wondering if the Bingo is still good on RCCL ships? On previous sailings, we had a blast playing and the cost was fairly reasonable. On the last day at sea, the pot was always huge and it seemed like most of the ship was playing bingo.

We sailed on NCL recently and the bingo was VERY expensive and the pots were small. They were actually trying to get people to rent a machine that played multiple cards of bingo (I think the cost was about $140) but the pot was only $250 or so. :confused:

So, how is the bingo on Explorer? What're the costs to play? Are the pots still good? (I think the pot on the last day used to get into the thousands.) Is it worth playing bingo or should we focus our entertainment efforts elsewhere?

Thanks for your input!

Momof2kids

The bingo costs $35. I think it was $20 when we first started cruising 5 years ago. The pots are pretty big...the last one was about $13,000. Last year it was in the $20 thousands. I guess it depends on how many are playing.

Wow...looks like I'm going to have to play when we get onboard Explorer.

HI

My wife and I are also going to be on the 8/17 Explorer. This will be our first RC cruise and our second ever (our first was a 3-night Nova Scotia cruise on Carnival)

Any advice for a practically first timer?

Have you planned your excursions yet? I am not a swimmer but love nature and marine life.

Rob

All ships accept BINGO the dog I got him on Navigator in December and used him the entire crusise brought him home and packed him 2 months later to use on the Splendour and all the crew got a kick out of seeing him on there becuase he was dressed differently and asked what ship he came from :D

Also if you notice in my signature, we LOVE BINGO. We always play it and I have won $$ several times but my DH won a cruise in December!

So play, play, play and have fun!

Archived