Need Help in Booking a cruise!

Alrighty, my family and I are planning on going on a thanksgiving Caribbean cruise. We cant decide what ship to go on. My grandmother is paying for it and we are bringing a bunch of family age range from 8-80! So maybe not way costy >< lol! I was looking at navigator class or radiance, do you guys have any suggestions? I need help!:confused::confused::confused:

You can't go wrong with either Voyager class or Radiance class. I have been on both Explorer (Voyager Class) and the Brilliance (Radiance Class). The biggest difference between the two is the Voyager class is larger and has a ice rink which they hold a show and they also have times for public skating. The Voyager Class also has a shopping/bars/cafe central Promenade area. The Radiance class is beautiful (my favorite) with all the glass and magnificent views where ever you look.

Now, where do you want to go? Eastern, Western, Southern?

You can click on the links in my signature for pictures of both.

BTW Welcome to Cruise critic!!

With a wide variety of age groups and interests I would recommend a Voyager class ship. This is the class that Navigator belongs to. There will be things for all age groups to do aboard. The Radiance class are fine ships too but if this is going to be a first cruise for many in the group ther Voyager class just has an amazing "wow" factor. From the Royal Promenade running down the center of the ship to the ice shows it can't be beat in my opinion... except, maybe, for the Freedom class which I have not experienced yet.

I would suggest Voyager or Freedom class...something for everyone. Great kids programs. Accessible. Lots of food choices. Activities for every age group. But there are also quiet areas. Be careful with the location of your stateroom if any of the older members of your party have trouble walking long distances. I also suggest that while all of us on cruise critic offer great advice...with a large diverse group of people you might want to consider calling a good travel agent ...they can coordinate everything for you and take the strain off of whatever family member is elected to "do it all" (you perhaps?)!

You can't go wrong with either Voyager class or Radiance class. I have been on both Explorer (Voyager Class) and the Brilliance (Radiance Class). The biggest difference between the two is the Voyager class is larger and has a ice rink which they hold a show and they also have times for public skating. The Voyager Class also has a shopping/bars/cafe central Promenade area. The Radiance class is beautiful (my favorite) with all the glass and magnificent views where ever you look.

Now, where do you want to go? Eastern, Western, Southern?

You can click on the links in my signature for pictures of both.

BTW Welcome to Cruise critic!!

Thanks so much! Im looking to go Western or southern, My family has never been on a cruise. Myself, ive been on western and southern, loved them both. Radiance class, i found one for 500$, seems like a steal compared to adventure at 949 interior:(. Im thinking radiance may be a good one to start them on. I have never been on any thing but navigator class so it would be a change to me aswell! :p

I would suggest Voyager or Freedom class...something for everyone. Great kids programs. Accessible. Lots of food choices. Activities for every age group. But there are also quiet areas. Be careful with the location of your stateroom if any of the older members of your party have trouble walking long distances. I also suggest that while all of us on cruise critic offer great advice...with a large diverse group of people you might want to consider calling a good travel agent ...they can coordinate everything for you and take the strain off of whatever family member is elected to "do it all" (you perhaps?)!

I have been elected to do it all and im only 15 so its a bit stressfull x.x lol. Anyway i have loved the voyager class, the only problem, its expensive to book at this time.

How can you ask that of people here. After reading you have to be able to look at the ships and decide for you (since you know who is going)which ship is the best match. All the ships have the rock climbing and mini golf. Now do you really love inline skating and ice skating...well then you have to go on Voyager or Freedom class. Anyone would love that since it has the beauty and the athletics to suit all. If that is all too much, do Radiance Line which are simply elegant, have the rock climbing and mini golf and pool tables. I would go on the one that suits budget the best and the ship I like. I love Voyager class. Trying Freedom class in Nov and still wish to do Radiance class. Been hesitant on that since we travel with kids, ages soon to be 11 and 13. They have loved the ammenities on the Voyager class which really keeps them busy. Only you can decide. Read, look over pictures and decide. You are not going to go wrong. And besides, if you are looking for this thanksgiving you are very late. Maybe go the week before or after and save grandma a ton of money. If you look at rates they peak for that week and christmas week. They are close to double sometimes at Christmas time. Schools usually will give all the kids work that they are missing while away.

I have been elected to do it all and im only 15 so its a bit stressfull x.x lol. Anyway i have loved the voyager class, the only problem, its expensive to book at this time.

WOW...good for you...if you are 15 and your family is counting on you, you did the right thing by coming here for advice. :) I love the Radiance class...but when you have several generations of family members going, bigger may be better. Make sure you are pricing for senior discounts since there are people in your group over 55. Is anyone in your family in the military? Discounts are available there too. Also, there have been several sales on the larger ships...but it depends on when you are traveling and sometimes what state(s) you and your family lives in. Royal also has a special reservation desk number for booking large family groups to ensure that you all end up with the same dining and such. I know the number is available to travel agents but I am not sure about the public. If you don't want to use a TA, try asking the Royal toll free number person if they can connect you. Good luck to you. I hope your family appreciates your help with booking their cruise! I know neither my 14 or 16 year old could do it and they live it everyday of their lives! :rolleyes:

Why add air to San Juan? Pick a Navigator or Freedom class. EWS Caribbean who cares? Its a family thing. Let the ship be the destination and the ports an added plus.

The Radiance class ships are great but the larger ships have so much more going on. Why make everyone travel so much farther when Miami and FLL are so close and easy to get to.

Are you looking to travel at Thanksgiving this year or 2008? I just booked Mariner of the Seas from Port Canaveral for Thanksgiving week next year. The price was about 200.00 less than what is showing for this year. In fact there was a 50.00 price drop from the time I first looked at this cruise...that's when I jumped on it. I'm sure it will go up before long. Port Canaveral is an easy drive from Orlando's airport and embarkation goes very smoothly.

Another thing to consider is that there may not be much left for this year. At least that's what I found when looking at Mariner. With a group your size, it may be difficult getting rooms in close proximity if that is what you are looking for.

Good luck with your search. I don't think you can go wrong with Voyager class. They are beautiful ships and there is so much to do.

I did not mean it to be mean. Just soooo many factors go into picking which ship and they only way to get the answer is by reading all the reviews and coming to your own decision about which factors are more important. That is all I meant. I think by asking which ship.... it is too open ended. I was just meaning that the OP read and then ask a question based on a ship which others have been on. My opinion for a ship can be totally different since I am looking for activities, less smoke, sports on the ship.....

No offense was meant. Of course this is the greatest place to ask any question...but I think the OP has to do some of the work too and read and gain insights. He and only he knows the group that is coming onboard.

efcruiser- have you checked out airfare to the possible ports you may leave from? prices can vary and when added to each cruises cost.... could help with the decision from the cost standpoint-

we just went thru same thing- looked at the cost of the cruise- picked one- then looked at the airfare in addition to the cruise cost and a totally different cruise became less expensive due to the airfare part...... hope this made sense-

have a great time-

Archived